User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What insects should you not feed to vfts?

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mouthpart thing was out of concern that it may chew through the trap. I can't really explain why the black spot would be right at the area where the mouthparts of the worm was except that it just happened to be in that area.. but anyway, I doubt it was a mealworm.. not sure exactly where they originate, but I know I've never found them anywhere but pet shops. Might have been a grub of some sort. You sure it wasn't a caterpiller?

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]oh thats cruel!!!
    So is leaving it in the VFT's jaws moments later to be slowly digested by gastric-juice-like acid.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a lightning bug wouldn't be a bad idea if the plant is flowering. I would think that it would take advantage of the extra Phosphorus, then.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check these two topics out:

Topic 1

Topic 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh thats cruel!!!

"So is leaving it in the VFT's jaws moments later to be slowly digested by gastric-juice-like acid."

oh maybe the fact the crushing the mouth parts and then letting it dissolve slowly is slightly more cruel FTG? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um. Bugs is food. Personally, if I have to choose between the comfort of a bug and the appetite of my plant, the plant wins.

Of course, there are certain bugs I won't feed to my plants out of principal, like spiders (not technically bugs, I know, but allways welcome in my home (but not in my bed)).
    Slave to vegetable hunger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Everybody,
    I just got a new VFT and i may have fed it carpenter ants, but I don't know. Are capenterr ants big and black? If so I hope I haven't killed my plant because at least 30% of my traps are black and mushy. Do all ants do that or just the big black ones? If someone could answer me, and in the mean time, no more ants!

what about ticks? could those be a problem?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi HVFT and welcome to our discussion forums! Big black ants are probably carpenter ants. As tempting as it is to provide food for our VFT's, they do very well outside, catching things naturally. I don't recall carpenter ants doing harm to traps, but I'm sure someone else will have a better answer. I don't know about ticks. Don't worry about the black and mushy traps. Just cut off the black part. Anything green is still doing photosynthesis. new traps will be produced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just fed mine a Wood Tick this morning. The tick was sucking my blood so I could thing of no better end for it then a slow death in digestive juices.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast