User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What insects should you not feed to vfts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey FlytrapGurl,

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Actually, no CP "needs" insects. They could grow perfectly well without eating.
    I think you'l find that the VFT does need insects for optimum growth....how else does it obtain it's nitrogen? nitrogen is need for growth as it a vital element found in amino acids, and the location where they are found naturally have very little nitrogen content in the soil, hence they have developed through evolution traps to catch insects.
    it's like when a baby is breastfed, it's not ESSENTIAL to be breastfed, as it wont die, but when it is breastfed, many of the essential nutrients and cells that defend the body from disease is passed on from the mother to the baby.

Quote[/b] ]Actually, as with any other predator species, if we didn't kill off many of the species we eat, the planet would be overrun with not just humans, but also animals
    LOL!!!! sorry dear, but im afraid unless you actually hunt you own animal, the animals you eat are espcially grown for human consumption. if the demand for meat decreased the suppliers would breed less animals. You dont honestly believe that butchers/supermarkets etc kill animals they find naturally? they are all mass bred in farms/barns boxes etc and pumped with hormones to produce meat quicker for the high demand of humans.

Quote[/b] ] Nah, we're not that sensitive -_^
    had to include it, not only because i mean it, but there are people who get offended about topics like this.

anyway Tc and i'll awaite your reply.

kindest regards,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]....and pumped with hormones to produce meat quicker for the high demand of humans.
    Don't know about else where but here in Wisconsin. Most farms don't use hormones, they actually feed them foods that are high in the vitamins and minerals they need to produce high quantities of meat/milk depending on the cow. I just spent the day touring farms all over the place. We got to see them mixing the food for the cows. We only went to dairy farms, but they are fed better then meat cattle.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    corn

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]LOL!!!! sorry dear, but im afraid unless you actually hunt you own animal, the animals you eat are espcially grown for human consumption. if the demand for meat decreased the suppliers would breed less animals. You dont honestly believe that butchers/supermarkets etc kill animals they find naturally? they are all mass bred in farms/barns boxes etc and pumped with hormones to produce meat quicker for the high demand of humans.
    I know that, and that's not what I meant. I was referring to game animals, such as wild turkey or deer. If it weren't for hunters, deer would overpopulate and starve, especially during winter.

Scientists theorize that the reason kids are starting puberty so much earlier nowadays is because of the growth hormones chickens are given.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there weren't hunters then the wolves would still be able to keep the deer population in check. Even without the wolves, deer start to die of blue-tongue disease when they are overpopulating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ May 13 2005,1:04)]Just wondering, since we have a big anti-cruelty kick going on here.

I don't feel good about eating dead animals, but I can't live without meat. Chicken is a huge part of my live. KFC 4-EVA.

Besides, I don't eat much anyway, and I gotta get protein somewhere... I don't get to eat beans that often.
    LOL sounds like me....chicken chicken chicken...
    Defying Gravity

\"I will exalt thee, O Lord, for you lift me out of the depths!\" (Psalm 30:1)

...Just keep on laughing...

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (HVFT @ May 19 2005,2:54)]If there weren't hunters then the wolves would still be able to keep the deer population in check. Even without the wolves, deer start to die of blue-tongue disease when they are overpopulating.
    What is blue-tongue disease? Why do hunters think that they are solution? What if wolves aren't indigenous to some areas, like just outside suburban sprawl?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just cut off a plant that was starting to turn black and it was one with a big black ant in it. The black was starting at the mouth of the ant.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast