Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flagg's terrarium setup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally! Some better pics of my CP's home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I have never seen so many plug-ins for three plants, lol. Those are the same three plants as my first cp purchase(from Peter Pauls, before they had the bad rep) back in 1979-1980 or so.
    Is the light level a little low? They all look a bit green and just a tad etiolated.
    Are you running water thru the nebulizer(obviously not the meds that one normally uses-I own my own, btw, but have not had to use it in a while)?
    Very fascinating set-up.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite the setup, but I think it's way overkill for those 3 plants. They would be just as happy sitting on a sunny windowsill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Wow, I have never seen so many plug-ins for three plants, lol.
    Actually, that's my laundry section. Some of those are for other things (Cellphone, pager, etc.)
    Quote[/b] ]Is the light level a little low? They all look a bit green and just a tad etiolated.
    I'm running three 18" flourescents less than a foot from the mossy ground.
    Quote[/b] ]Are you running water thru the nebulizer(obviously not the meds that one normally uses-I own my own, btw, but have not had to use it in a while)?
    I actually have a tube with an injector running to the top of the nebulizer so I can inject rainwater without having to open up the terarrium. My humidity seems to have dropped significantly since the introduction of the sundew, though. I'll probably have to rig something that adds water to the air at a faster rate.
    Quote[/b] ]Very fascinating set-up.
    Thanks. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Quite the setup, but I think it's way overkill for those 3 plants. They would be just as happy sitting on a sunny windowsill.
    They'd get cooked. I work 12-hour shifts and had to automate their environment.
    You should have seen how fast the VFT sprung out of dormancy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All hail the Crimson King!!
    Nice set up![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, if you left them in a closed terrarium in full sun they would get cooked. I was actually talking about having those plants in individual pots setting in trays of water. As long as the media is kept constanly wet all three of those plants could handle full sun all day long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 12-hour shifts make that impossible (I know, I tried; they dried and died or were mugged by animals).
    I'm actually considering getting a fogger to run on the nebulizer timer today. That dang pump gets way too loud (I have 2 kids that wouldn't sleep that well -and make me pay for it!) I was able to keep my humidity above 70% all up until when I put the sundew in the terarrium. When I woke up the next morning, the humidity was at 20%! YIKES!!
    I'm wondering if sundews suck out the humidity in the air.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast