What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giant vft photos

This year's vibrant array of VFT colors! These 'Giants' are some of my collection's showstoppers!

First up "Big Mouth":
Bigmouth7.jpg

Next "G14 Dirk Ventham's Giant" :

G14%20Dirk%20Ventham's%20Giant3.jpg

Another shot of "G14" :

G14%20Dirk%20Ventham's%20Giant4.jpg

Compliment with a Drosophyllum:

Drosophyllum3.jpg

hey, you know those pics, are they some sort of diff species of VFT or just REALLY well grown?

Hello Rough Rider,

Lol
smile_n_32.gif
Naw they are just actually just typical plants with names. VFTs only have one species but many varieties. The Triffid Park from Australia is a big source of the many named forms out there. VFTs are just so diverse. They are my favorites!

gorgeous plant!!! I'll take one of each!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Nice vft's as always
smile.gif

Mine are JUST starting to wake up right now....
smile_h_32.gif

It's been an ok dormacy for me, I lost several plants do to the wacky weather.  So far, I lost my Dingly Giant, Cross Tooth, All Green, and Yellow because mainly of bad timing (Getting plants in the middle of dormacy, and right before it) and my Jaws and Cross Tooth because of Fungus infection.  The rest are still patiently hanging in there, most just started making flower spikes.

Sorry to hear so Peter! Get Dingleys again from Tony pronto!

I checked over the weekend, and he still has his VFTs as listed as dormant. I discovered when potting up new ones,
1) try not to use too wet of a mix and if you do
2) do not put it in a sealed baggie to acclimate.

I have never seen a new plant rot so quickly! I have been doing cp for 25-26 years, and I still can find ways to do bone-head things!

mad.gif

Joe

awesome pictures. Where does g14 come from? I've read about it....

G14 I think comes from Adrian Slack. Dirk Ventham got a piece of the plant and named it "Dirk Ventham's Giant". Now Graham Sadd has the plant labled G14 to keep track of it in his collection.

Those are such beautiful plants. They are incredibly close to what I want my ideal Flytrap to look like. I'm so jealous!

Back