What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Experiment

With the debate on how well different soil mixes effect vft's growth, I have 2 plants of the same size, 1 in 90%sand-10%peat and the other in 50:50 peat perlite. My hypothesis is that the 9:1 sand/peat will work best as this is what they grow in in their natural environment. I will keep you updated pn which works best. The 1 in 9:1 mix is growing faster right now.

Sounds like a worthy experiment. Do keep us posted on progress. Could you also add another to pure LFS and pure, live LFS?

Aww... I'm not liking the results so far. I opted for the 1:1 Peat/Perlite.
smile_h_32.gif

The one in the very sandy mix grew the best and produced several new growth points.

You should try to make it scientific (since you only have two non identical plants) and take notes on a weekly basis like, average leaf length, number of leaves, and try to keep everything else the same. That way you can correlate the "growth" by say percentages than by overall size.

It would make a great science fair experiment for young people.

Back