What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New vft media...

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
What do you think? New VFT media, or weed infestation? haha (VFTs are f2 red dragon)
newmedia.jpg

Andrew

It looks like some kind of alien sundews.
twirl.gif

Yes they are.... This is an example of my "weed" situation and why I'm giving seed of this and D. capensis away in the trade forum... darn things are in everything!! haha
Andrew

Wahh... I missed the giveaway.

...unless you'd like some D. capensis.
smile.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Mannex, In yer avatar, what are you grinnin' at??

I drew the happy guy in photoshop. I just wanted to make something that looks really creepy and insane.

Lord Humungus, how did you get that awesome ralphing smiley!?

Looks like my grow area.  Burmannii have the potential to take over the world.  
biggrin.gif

Speaking of D. burmanni, I've read that they have some of the fastest-moving Drosera tentacles. Are they really fast? Like, can you actually see them moving?

If the plant is stimulated correctly.... Yes it can move fast enough to see move. I didn't see this catch happen... but here is a photo I took a while back that I love.
burmaniinoescape.jpg

Andrew

The outer tentacles on d. burmanii can close in 30 to 90 seconds. They have to be well stimulated, but when they move, your cookin' with gas!!!

Lol!! That expression used when describing Drosera tentacles is hilarious!

lol...I love that photo! What a mess of sticky goo! You gotta love D. burmannii...

Great pic, Dandy!
smile_n_32.gif

Thanks Susan.

Back