What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good nurseries

Do you know any good nurseries that have a large selection of plants, cheap prices, and good shipping & handling? I already know about Cooks and Sarracenia Northwest.

Petflytrap/Jungle also has an online store, though I have never used it. Also, keep tabs on the Trading Post forum and cultivate friendships. That will be your best and cheapest way of acquiring plants.

PFT has nice plants.
I have obtain a few through them and they were always a nice size and healthy.

Just so I know WOULD you recommend coks and sarracenia northwest? j/w???
confused.gif

I would recommend Cooks,my plants arrived in perfect condition and they arrived in only 2 days after they shipped it!

Also theres California Carnivores, and ExoticPlantsPlus.com, which is Tony Parobek's site, Black jungle terrerium supply, and Dangerousplants.com. All of them have a good selection and their plants are always in excellent shape when they arrive.

And Oudeans. I have a friend that raves about Sarracenia Northwest.

Bachmans in MN sometimes has really nice carnivorous plants, but only periodically.

I choose nurseries to do buisness with based on plant selection and their ability to communicate with me. Several buisnesses are not professional at all by being non-responsive to potential/customers questions about their plants. People want answers when they ask a question. I have waited patiently for weeks trying to get an answer from a nursery/nurseries without any response. Now, I just won't do buisness with any of them who will not return an email. The people I recommend based on my criteria of selection and responsiveness are as follows:
California Carnivores
Carnivorous Plant Nursery
Exotic Plants Plus(aka Par O Bek Orchids)
Fly Trap Farm

These people are pretty responsive and enthusiastic when a customer comes calling with a question.

Back