User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Controlling fungus gnats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always had a fungus gnat problem in the winter because of houseplants.

Visit this link for a $20 off $40 purchase coupon and purchase the yellow sticky traps (captures adult gnats).

link for coupon savings: http://www.gardensalive.com/category...cd2=1122425091

Note: the discount won't show until your total + shipping equals at least $40. Use this key if it doesn't show: Offer Keycode: 1416991

You can also buy "knockout gnats" (a liquid form of some kind of bacteria. I need to know if this would be safe on cps? It does a fantastic job of killing the fungus gnat larvae.

If you need to save money on plants for outside gardening (not carnivorous), just check out this website and look for whatever company you are buying from: Offer Keycode: 1416991

PM me and I'll tell you how to get year subscriptions to popular magazines for as little as $4.99/year.
    Diana Pederson
    Michigan
    obsessivegardening.com
    christianreviewer.com
    livingwithcockatiels.com

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sundews control fungus gnat and eat for free. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great! I've gotten so swarmed with them that no one method worked. Had to combine everything and the link I gave is the only place that sold the knockout gnats liquid.

I'll see how my cps like fungus gnat.

Please note: This posting was because of someone mentioning the soil for his vft being covered with fungus gnat larvae.
    Diana Pederson
    Michigan
    obsessivegardening.com
    christianreviewer.com
    livingwithcockatiels.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put some Utrics in the pot and your fungus gnat problem will end [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fungus gnats aren't the problem. The larvae definately is. They are vengeful little buggers. En mass the little translucent worms can completely bore into the rhizome of a plant in the search for food and destroy everything in a pot. I've seen them cut 8" P. 'Aphrodite' leaves clear off of the plant in hopes of dropping it closer to the substrate for more to attack.

Not the most fun pet. That's a reason right there that I stopped using any organics in mexi-ping pots.

Any clue what the active ingredients in the liquid are?
    Lithops care info: If you take care of it, it will die.