What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

i wont some help. my vft is red. It is not a red dragon

Hey killerhamster,

Welcome to the Forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, that out of the way, where did you happen to get your flytrap from? There are other cultivars as well as standard typical form of venus flytraps that do become red with high amounts of light. This is from everyone's favorite tan building chemical, anthrocyanin.

Has your venus flytrap been getting lots of direct sunlight?

Welcome to the Forums! I'm going to move this to the Venus Flytrap Forum, you'll probably get more information there.

Cole

Welcome to the forums! It's possible that it may be a "Green Dragon", which has a lot of red in it. A trio of VFT's I purchased from Home Depot, after a dormancy, never colored up again and I suspect that they were in fact "typicals" that just had a lot of color, from tissue culture or the nursery from which they came.

Your plant being red is just a sign that its getting alot of light,which is good.Or perhaps its one of the red cultivars either ways its good.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i wont some help. my vft is red. It is not a red dragon

If you want specific advice, please say so (preferably in a polite manner). Your post makes no sense. You want to know how to keep a flytrap or you are concerned because it is or isn't red?

Help us here.

Back