What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vft tips

Im a newb at vft's and could you please post some of your BEST photos of your vfts and how,where, and what you did to grow them? Thanks your help will be greatly appreciated.

Hey CF. I'm just a hobbyist, backyard grower, whatever. I got my plants from this site late this Spring and upon receiving them had a lot of concerns you did as well. They didn't look that great, in fact I thought they were dead, but I blame that mostly on them cooking in my mailbox for almost 48 hours in 90+ degree heat. I had expected a delivery to my door and instead they were hidden among junk mail in my mail box
mad.gif
. I read the exact article that 'Big Mouth' has pointed you to and did the most important thing of all after following those instructions - I walked away, left them alone, and didn't worry. If they died there were always several different options to persue next time. All I do now is simply add water to the trays. These went from just about 5 bitty traps per plant to what you see below all just over 6 weeks (and I live in Buffalo, NY a bit similar to your weather). So as long as you follow what is written on the care sheet, you'll be fine... all you need to know is on this site... DON'T WORRY!
smile.gif

I grow these guys (Ace, Gene, and Paul... Peter is a 'big mouth') outdoors and new 1.25" traps from Ace are being barfed out constantly and keep getting bigger... my camera truly sucks so sorry for the blah pics.

Picture009.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Back