Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outer edges of petioles turn white; then black

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Cleery is working. Only one bad thing, my sundews are hurting. Some have shriveled up and the rest are not making any dew. I hope they make a come back. Any one ever put Cleery on dews?
    I'm still living off the corpse of the old world.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i try very hard not to use any chemicals of any kind of Drosera. They have always been uber-sensitive to chemicals for me (excluding superthive, and i probable use a cap full per 24 oz. pretty heavy).

The Queensland Sisters are especially sensitive to chemicals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cleery appears to be working for me as well. What's done is done on the already exposed leaves, but new growth is alot better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I'm dying here. Iím losing traps faster and faster. They turn black on the edges of the leaves, and then the trap dies. What I donít understand is if the plants are sick, why so many new traps keep growing. I do have some kind of bugs crawling around in the soil. They look about like lice and they jump around when I spray water on the soil. I have tried to drown them but the soil floats up higher than the edges of my mini bog giving them safe haven. These bugs may not be why the traps are dying but Iím at my wits end. Please help me before I pull all my hair out. I have sprayed with Cleery, Orthenex, and Bug Be Gone. All that has beat the crap out of the sundews in my bog but the bugs live on.

P.S. The VFTís where doing this trap losing thing before I tried thermal nuclear war on the problem.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I have the answer. I'm in the middle of a tropical storm. I just put every plant I own on the back porch. This storm is supposed to kick our butts till next week. That should drown every thing including the frogs. So far it has been raining for two solid days. I think five more will do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though the storm is still of the coast of Florida, I brought the plants back inside. After three days there are no new dead traps. Either it was the bugs and they are dead or they just needed some tropical air. Thank for all the imput. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully the bugs won't return.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12