What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cloning vfts?

Ok, I know some other plants are possible to clone by taking a cutting and dipping it in rooting solution and putting it in soil. Is this possible with VFTs? Does anybody have any experience in it? Someone told me you can cut a leaf and replant it in soil, and it will slowly root after awhile. Is there any recommended cloning/rooting solution?

The "dip-in-rooting-solution" is questionably helpful. For years, that was the recommendation - then some people tried rooting different CP w/o the solution - and it worked. Some people swear by it, others say it's worthless.

Check out Barry Rices's FAQ for info on propagating VFTs:
FAQ

There's probably also some good advice on this site either in the stickies or through the search function. Enjoy....
confused.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Ah, thanks for the great reply! So, cloning is the best method for propagating VFTs, and it is possible. However, my plant is kinda sickly (still recovering from shipping I suppose), so I'm gonna wait a month or so. Thanks!

Back