What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchid - gongora galeata

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a specimen sized plant that grew out of an 8" wooden basket to the point I had to disassemble the basket off of it at the end of last summer.  Now it's in a 10" wire basket.  Last year it had 21 flower spikes of 10-15 blooms each.

It's an easy orchid, in my opinion.  This one lives in CT and spends summers outside hanging in a tree and spends the rest of the year hanging in a west window.  It gets watered 1-2 times per week year round and I also give it a blast of water every couple days during hot & dry midsummer weather.  After this coming season's new growth, I'll no longer have a place for it because my windows are so narrow.

As with just about all available orchid species, you can see a photo at Jay Pfahl's Orchid species site - http://orchidspecies.com.  Scroll down the page, click on the "G" section, and then go down that page until you see it.  I can't find any photos of my plant in bloom, but the flowers will be more of a dark bronze, with yellowish orange highlights.  They have a spicy orange scent that makes me think of oranges stuck with cloves.

Let the bidding start at $15 and I'll pay the shipping once it passes $25.  I'll ship it bare root by priority mail, so be ready with a 10" or greater basket and a suitable potting mix.  I have it in an ~50/50 mix of CHC and sponge rock. I will only ship to a US address.

$15 it is! Sounds beautiful.
smile.gif

While watering it today, I noticed the first few flower spikes have started. They'll be blooming in a few weeks.

Payment has been recieved.

Plant has been received. Its a beauty! Thank you so much Bruce.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back