What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. flava "copper blush"

• Thread starter brisco225
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This S. flava is from the South Santee River Pine Barrens in Charleston Co, SC.  A great looking plant that has the copper coloration extending part way down the back of the pitcher from the top of the lid.  The plant up for auction is currently in a 4 inch pot.  I will pay for shipping. U.S.A. bids only please.

Bidding starts at $5.00

$20.

Sorry Laura
smile_h_32.gif

Phil

Just a reminder...bid increments are now $2 minimum increase over previous bid.

Thank you Brisco!

It's ok Phil.

Sorry Ron.

$27

What's a 'Copper Blush' anyway? I better go over to the Humboldt site and look this up.

Per chance does anyone have a photo of this plant?  I couldn't find it.  How exciting. I'm bidding on something and I don't even know what it is. Must be that I am having a very blonde moment. Quite a few of them today but that's ok.

Laura, here is all the information I have on the plant. I originally purchased this plant last year from Oudean's Willow Creek Nursery. They aquired seed from a site in the South Santee Pine Barrens. The name "copper blush" is the name they assigned to this plant because of the copper colloration that extended down the back of the pitcher from the lid. Here is a discusion started a year or so ago with a picture that looks very similar to this plant. I would post a picture of the plant, but it is now only producing pitchers for the season.

http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....r+blush

Oh good!  I like the looks of that.  I originally bid on it because I liked the name. It sounded like a great plant and it is!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Must be that I am having a very blonde moment.

Here you go - have another one....
smile_n_32.gif

$30

You brut you!
Batting eyelashes while swinging long luxurious blonde hair from side to side in disbelief and wondering what I did to deserve being ganged up on by not one... but two of you. Allrightie then, opening up the coin purse and moths are flying out-  $32

So Laura, you're wearing wigs and eyelashes now?

Shhhhh, don't tell them.

interesting

Ok. They don't need to know you have alopecia. Mum's the word.

You bad people...making poor, destitute, bald Laura bid big $$ for a plant she's never heard of....now I'm going to have to go over to the refrigerator box she lives in and knock over her shopping cart to wake her up so she can bid even more. Have you no shame? For the love of god, gentlemen, have you no shame?

But it's for a good cause. To heck with shame.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RL7836 @ May 09 2005,4:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Must be that I am having a very blonde moment.

Here you go - have another one....
smile_n_32.gif
...and another....
smile_k_ani_32.gif

$34

I think you need to check the pocket with the paper $$ for moth damage --- none of that coin purse stuff.... >;-D

Homeless, penniless, pauper Laura sticks hand out from hole in box to reach in through open window into business from alley to log in and place bid on their computer. She feels the ever so elusive Copper Blush slipping away like the shopping cart that the wind just blew down the street with all of her personal belongings in it...and the wig...and the tube of mascara that made her look like that tv evangelist's wife whatshername Tammy Faye Bakker. Laura's now destined to be eyelashless and bald for a while as wigs are expensive you know but the plant will bring a little bit of cheerfulness to her dark dismal damp box that she calls home- $36.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ May 09 2005,9:52)]Homeless, penniless, pauper Laura sticks hand out from hole in box to reach in through open window into business from alley to log in and place bid on their computer. She feels the ever so elusive Copper Blush slipping away like the shopping cart that the wind just blew down the street with all of her personal belongings in it...and the wig...and the tube of mascara that made her look like that tv evangelist's wife whatshername Tammy Faye Bakker. Laura's now destined to be eyelashless and bald for a while as wigs are expensive you know but the plant will bring a little bit of cheerfulness to her dark dismal damp box that she calls home- $36.
Hmmm - desperate are we...? So now we've resorted to subterfuge for "the plant" --- hmmm - the only time I can see Laura pushing a shopping cart is when her maid is sick, the butler busy, and her limo driver is on vacation ...
smile_k_ani_32.gif

... and I think her kids would probably go hungry before that happens....
smile_n_32.gif
confused.gif
smile_n_32.gif

So that's the game ... the 1st one who blinks loses...loses this beautiful plant ... this beautiful plant with location info.... the plant everyone wants ...

Uh - oh ... is that dirt in my eye??? No it can't be!! Not when the plant is this close! No fair!!! That's cheating!! I can't see... my eye blinked ... Omigosh - the world is going dark.... the beautiful blushing flava seems so far away ... far away ... fading ... fading ... living the life of bliss... in that beautiful mansion.....

Maybe there's hope yet.... just maybe Philcula can swoop in and save this beautiful blushing flava from the pampered life of luxury.... maybe there's hope...

Hey April... it's working...they're leaving the plant alone.

f7a63d39.jpg

Hmmm--I don't see any dirt under those fingernails Laura. You do clean up nice! But why doesn't the shower soak the cardboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back