What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchid - epidendrum palaceum

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a nice small-growing orchid that is now known as Nidema boothii.  You can see it at Jay Pfahl's Orchid Species site - http://orchidspecies.com - go down the page and click to go to N's and find the Nidema genus towards the bottom.  Jay says it get 1" flowers, but they're only half that size.

I have this in a pot of CHC and it's a sequential bloomer on spikes that grew from last year's pseudobulbs.  It has four mature pseudobulbs (the three oldest bloomed this winter) and two new growths are forming on the most recent pseudobulb.  So it's going to be increasing twice as fast now.

I keep it in a tree for the summer and a west window for the winter and it has done well even with the too cool and too dry conditions I give it.  But it originates from wet forests and would probably love being a mount in lowland-intermediate Nep conditions.

The bidding should start at $4 and I'll pay for priority mail shipping once it gets past $9. I'll ship it bare-root, so have a mount or pot with mix ready.

I'll bid $6. I need more variety.
smile.gif

Thank you Bruce!

$10
smile_n_32.gif

Payment has been recieved.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

T.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.