What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 rocks/minerals PHOTO ADDED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
OK...I can't rival JBL's stoopid included amber (just kiddin'
biggrin.gif
) but for the rock lovers out there, I thought I'd offer a nice group of minerals from my collection.  While the stones are small ("thumbnail" size), this is typical of many of these minerals.

This lot consists of:

1) An azurite "blueberry"...natural blue color and form
2) A piece of amazonite (personally collected by ME which, alone, should make this collection worth a fortune...  
smile_l_32.gif
); Moorefield Mine, Amelia Courthouse, VA
3) A Vera Cruz amethyst crystal...water clear, light purple; Mexico
4) A hexagonal sapphire crystal (corundum)
5) A hexagonal ruby crystal (corundum) which fluoresces a spectacular blood red under long-wave UV light (a black light)
6) A chrysoprase nodule; Pakistan
7) A nice double-terminated "Herkimer diamond" quartz crystal from Herkimer County, NY; Herkimers are HOT!
8) A twinned staurolite crystal otherwise known as "fairystone"
9) An electric blue cavansite crystal...small but absolutely beautiful especially when studied with a magnifier.  From Poona, India

I will add a photo of these crystals as soon as I can so you can see the size.  The sapphire and ruby are NOT cut gemstones but the raw, natural corundum crystal as mined.

I will open the bidding at $5; I will ship international and pay for shipping.

I'm adding the photo AND I added a piece of pink halite to the group. This might flouresce under short wave UV light.

minerals.jpg

The larger bottom photos show close up of the ruby crystal fluorescing red under a black light; twinned staurolite crystal (fairystone) and the electric blue cavansite floater crystal from Poona, India.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ May 08 2005,6:51)]OK...I can't rival JBL's stoopid included amber (just kiddin'
biggrin.gif
)
Well, I have been called 'dumb as a rock', so I'll start with $5! Rock on!

$10......dont have much room for more plants but stones i can handle
smile_n_32.gif

Rock on, bro'! lol I'm trying to make myself list my twinned, double terminated, water clear "enhydro" quartz crystal. Still debating on that one...
confused.gif
Its a beaut!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ May 08 2005,8:23)]Rock on, bro'!  lol  I'm trying to make myself list my twinned, double terminated, water clear "enhydro" quartz crystal.  Still debating on that one...
confused.gif
 Its a beaut!
Ooooh--enhyyydrooo--drool.  I'm thinking about a 3" diameter, 2lb polished amythest sphere.  Or, maybe, 1/2 of a fossilized pine cone with seeds visible from Patagonia.  We will, we will--Rock You!!

Oh yeah, and $12 for the little (thumbnail) rocks. Better thumbnails than thumbs...

I added the photo.
smile.gif
Pretty neat, huh?

Payment has been recieved.

Item was shipped out on Saturday at the main post office.
smile.gif

and the items were received today. and the rocks are beautiful. i even found a lil love note inside of the box
smile.gif

thanks so much

Brad

Transaction is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back