What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the continuing incongruity of sundews saving Sarracenias, i also have for your bidding enjoyment one specimen of Drosera dichotoma "small red form", another sundew from the binata group. The parent plant came from the source of the description (California Carnivores/Peter D'Amato), so this is indeed the plant described in The Savage Garden.

It seemed to be a slightly smaller form of D. binata for the longest time, but after separating and properly potting the crowns at soil level, it has become apparent that this is actually closer to D. dichotoma 'giant' than D. binata, but smaller (hence the appropriateness of the name- funny how that works). It has not been particularly red under artificial lighting, but in the photo on the CC page, it is very red, so in sunlight you should get more color. Link

Dormancy doesn't appear to be required. Isn't that terrific? No worrying about your plant moldering away in the winter, no putting strange looking bags into the fridge for months!

The plant you are bidding on is recently divided, a decent size but probably not full grown. Under brighter light it should color up and be more compact.

Winner pays $5 shipping (shipped potted). I'll combine shipping if you win more than one of my auctions, of course.

Starting bid eight dollah.

Edit: For end-of-auction arrangements, contact me at my email address, d_muscipula [AT] hotmail [DOT] com

Eight dollah it is.

Payment has been recieved.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Thanks again to you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back