What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchid Sampler II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cirrhopetalum dentiferum (a/k/a  Bulbophyllum dentiferum)
Dendrobium kingianum
Laelia briegeri
Myrmecophilia thompsoniana (a/k/a Schomburgkia thompsoniana var minor)

Here are four interesting orchid species that range from fairly common to pretty uncommon.  Only the Cirrhopetalum has bloomed so far (it has those classic pinwheel blooms).  The Dendrobium is a famous Australian species and this one probably needs another year before blooming.  The Laelia is a rupicolous species (grows on rocks) and is a great companion for highland Neps.  Rupicolous Laelia species stay small and this one should be ready to bloom.  The Myrmecophilia is one of the ant orchids that host ant colonies in their pseudobulbs.  It's still small and, no, it doesn't have any ants.  None that I know of, anyway.

This is a pretty diverse sampler and feel free to PM if if you'd be interested in a substitution.  You can learn about each at http://www.orchidspecies.com.  Bidding will start at $12 and I'll pay for shipping when the price passes $21.

12 bucks to get this started!

$16

$22--ready for shipping...
biggrin.gif

$24  Joe the Myrmecophilia thompsoniana (a/k/a Schomburgkia thompsoniana var minor) will get to big for you  
smile_m_32.gif
 Flower spike on some schom can get 6 foot.
smile_n_32.gif
I still haven;t figured out where it would go here if it bloomed.
smilie4.gif

Not to undermine someone's attempt to intimidate the competition, but Jay Pfahl's orchidspecies.com site says the common name of the Myrmecophilia is Thompson's Dwarf Schomburgkia.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ June 13 2006,7:05)]Joe the Myrmecophilia thompsoniana (a/k/a Schomburgkia thompsoniana var minor) will get to big for you  
smile_m_32.gif
No prob Josh.  I'll just point the spike South and share!  
smile_m_32.gif

$26  Thanks Bruce!

Darn it Bruce.
smile_n_32.gif
I guess I should have looked at that. Go for it Joe! Its yours for the time being.

Bumping open auctions to the top as a reminder to the two members to either pay or ship the item.

Confirmed paid and received! You can close.

You know that you can also close it. As hard as it is to believe you are a mod.

Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back