What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Epiphyllum rooted cutting

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
This offering is for a rooted cutting of an Epiphyllum.  I believe this is E. oxypetallum but I'm not sure.  This "cutting" is compliments of Ollie Bean who knocked over my pot breaking off this two-foot section of stem.  The stem layed in the pot for a while and rooted.  But it seems to have rooted so that the "leaves" are upside down.  I don't think that matters and if it does, you can just plant it the other way.  This is sometimes called, incorrectly, Nightblooming Cereus and that is actually what I was told it was when I was given a cutting.

They produce beautiful flowers that open around 10 p.m. in the evening.  They open very fast...within about an hour and make for some great photography!  The flowers only last a few hours to a day generally.

Here is the cutting you will receive:

NBcereus.jpg

And here is the flower it will produce:

cereus2small.jpg

Bidding starts at $2; US bidders only; I will pay shipping.

PAK You mean to tell me this is not a Nightblooming Cereus?  I was given some leaves of a plant that looks like yours and was told that is what it was.  Thanks for the info.  If this isn't a Nightblooming Cereus then what is?

I just did some research and this is what I found.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Night-Blooming Cereus - ID

Two plants are called night-blooming cereus:

One is a night blooming, fragrant epiphytic cactus, classified as Hylocereus due to the TRIANGULATE leaves, and upright growth to 15'. Selenicereus grandiflorus is commonly called night-blooming cereus or Queen-of-the-Night. The leaves look like squared off - three point versions of prickly pear with numerous, repetitive spines on the edges. True Cereus species are rounded stemmed and usually have tiny leaves. Flowers have funnel shaped interior petals, with daisy-like exterior petals.

Another is an Epiphyllum; also a night blooming cactus species but with a shrubby, prostrate, almost cascading characteristic and an overall height of 8' max in the wild. Leaves look almost smooth, are very long,... FLAT.... and have spines only on the margins at the indentations. Flowers are very petalous. Most common one is Epiphyllum oxypetalum.

Nice looking flower on this thing! Mins hasn't bloomed yet, but its still growing.

Bumping open auctions to the top as a reminder to the two members to either pay or ship the item.

Bumping open auctions to the top as a reminder to the two members to either pay or ship the item.

This item has been shipped Priority...7-12-6.

This item has been received. Thank you Troy.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back