What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi Everybody

Please review the rules for after the Auction closes. If you have any questions, please ask!

Andrew will be closing the auction forum at approximately 10 p.m. on Saturday, June 23rd, EASTERN DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME.

Once the auction has closed:

1) Find the auction listing(s) in which you were ending high bidder (winner). Get the lister's contact info which SHOULD be in the starting post of the item. Within three days the high bidder should contact the lister(s) with their shipping information so they can be getting ready to ship your item(s). Also if the buyer is paying shipping, contact the lister to get the address you will send your shipping fee to.[Listers...you can contact the high bidders as well if you want to.] Remember that NO ITEM WILL BE DELIVERED UNTIL THE DONATION TO NASC IS RECEIVED. So how fast you get your item will depend on how fast you get your payment in to Schloaty (Dave), NASC Treasurer.

A buyer has 30 days to pay for the item(s) and get shipping fees (if required) to the donor; after that time period, the bid will be voided and the item will be offered to the next highest bidder. Listers have 14 days to ship their items once notified that NASC has received payment.

2) Add up the item(s) you won.

Payment can be made by personal check, money order, cashier's check or PayPal.

Make your checks out to: North American Sarracenia Conservancy

Send your total payment amount for the ITEMS ONLY (not shipping fees!) via snail mail to:

NASC Treasurer
ATTN: David Schloat
17 Nash Lane
North Salem, NY 10560

Paypal to NASCbank@earthlink.net
Make SURE you include a message in the "Note" section with all appropriate info, we know who is paying for what/how many items. If applicable, please note the TerraForum ID names to help us locate the item and donor quickly.

*Shipping payments will be sent directly to the LISTER, not to Dave (Schloaty).

3) *THIS IS ***VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT***:

With your payment, you MUST include the following information:

*Your Forum ID Name (if you are a TF member)
*Your real name
*Your COMPLETE mailing address

ALSO include:
*the lister's (donor's) forum name [and real name is helpful to if you know i] or real name if its a Guest Bid
*the item(s) you won, listed separately
*the amount for EACH item listed separately
*Your phone number and email in case of problems

If the winner is paying for shipping, please get the NAME and ADDRESS of the lister and send your shipping payment directly to them.

There will be a SAMPLE of what information is needed and how it should be written up at the bottom of this post.

3) The high bidder will have 30 days from the close of NASC Auction 2007 to make payment for their item(s) and pay shipping if required. If an item is not paid for within 30 days, that final bid is nullified and the item will be offered to the next highest bidder. Each successive high bidder has 30 days to make payment.

4) For those shipping items out: Schloaty (Dave) will notify the lister/seller when payment has been received. The donor has 14 days to mail their item(s) once notified by Dave that payment has been received. Take good care with packing so there are no disappointments upon receipt. It is up to the BUYER to REQUEST (and pay for) insurance if its desired.

Please be patient. Schloaty is going to have a hard job receiving all this mail and money. In the meantime, anyone who needed shipping payments should have it by then.

PLEASE PLEASE...Do not just pop a check in an envelope and mail it to Schloaty. He MUST have all that information so he knows "who", "what" and "where"! Lets not give him a nervous breakdown!
smile.gif

If anyone has any questions, problems or concerns, please contact me (PlantAKiss; PlantAKiss@aol.com). I would like to ask all of you to be responsible in getting payments in and items out and ESPECIALLY in including ALL the information requested so we know what is going where. Let's successfully get through the transaction part of it.
smile.gif

You guys are absolutely the BEST CPers around! You have HEART and a lot to be proud of! If you didn't win anything at all...don't feel bad (well...ok...feel a LITTLE bad...). It was all for a valuable cause and you were a BIG part of it! You all stepped up to the plate whereas most people don't do anything but talk a good talk. Thank you SOOO much for participating and being a part of supporting NASC. *****Lots of applause for you folks!!! *****

---------------------
SAMPLE of the info needed when you make your payment to NASC:

Forum name: PlantAKiss

Suzanne CPGrower
0000 Drosera Street
Richmond, VA 23227-4414

Phone: 1-000-123-4567 *Email: PlantAKiss@aol.com

Items won:
Utricularia pauliniae, listed by Ozzy for $20
Nepenthes tobiaca, listed by PlantAKiss for $15
VFT Pink Venus, listed by Tony Paroubek for $20

TOTAL AMOUNT TO NASC: $55

THANK YOU ALL!
- PAKtioneer-

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow- plantakiss won her own item! She must REALLY wanna support the NASC hahaha

Oh, this is a bump :)

So does that mean that the winning bidder is the one with the highest bid before the clock on the forum says 10:00 or when Andrew closes the auction?

Yup, the person with the highest bid in before the cutoff time wins the item. :)

so 9:59 or 10:00? and if it is 9:59 if there are multiples, it'd be the last of them right?

That is what I was thinking happened last year. The highest bidder before 10:00 was showing on the forum clock. So the highest bidder that has 9:59 showing on the forum clock would be the winner, right?

Wait there's a FORUM clock? What do I go by? The clock on my computer that shows ES time or the forum clock? What's happening?

go by your clock clint. me, you and pak are all eastern time...

We went through this last year. You need to look at the forum clock because everyones clock on there computer is probably a little different. I am eastern time as well and someone can correct me if I am wrong, but last year we went by the clock on the forum that tells you the date and time that you posted something above where you posted.

use the forum clock for seconds, but hour will be as stated above... So If you are on my time (mountain witch is currently the same as Cali) the auction will end at 6:59pm. If the time isn't right on your posts(or at the bottom of the forum), you need to change it in your user CP (control panel)

3) *THIS IS ***VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT***:

With your payment, you MUST include the following information:

*Your Forum ID Name (if you are a TF member)

Like my screen name?

Yeah so you'd put Igrow for number 3

Dandy, so if it ends at 6:59 your time then it's ending at 9:59 my time right? If I go by the forum clock, where is it? I guess my question is, when does my LAST bid need to be in by? When do you press the button and the auctions close?

If I go by the forum clock, where is it?

The clock at the bottom middle of the screen. Just go by the minutes there (I don't know where you see the seconds that Andrew mentioned). Whatever your preferences were set to (home time or terraforums time.

xvart.

OK, I see it! It says 10:15 and my computer clock says 10:15, too. Well not 10:16. Can I go by my computer clock? And the auction ends at 9:59 right so that's the deadline to bid on things?

Correct. You and the end time are both EST so go by 10:00 PM on either clock, but the minutes on TF will be the one to watch since that is how the post times are calculated.

xvart.

Back