What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Companion Plant: Corkscrew Rush (Winner chuck7935) $10

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Wishes do come true sometimes. :)

Up for auction is this nice specimen of Juncus effusus 'Spiralis': Lesser Corkscrew Rush. This is a plant perfect for bogs and water gardens but can be grown indoors too. Nice companion plant for the CP grower. Add an interesting accent to your garden! Have to admit...its a cool-looking plant.

Description: evergreen; irregular clump forming
Foliage is round and twisted and spiraled; deep green in color
Ideal conditions: full sun to part shade; moist to wet soil; protect in hot climates by providing shallow water
Coldest Zone: 4
Suggested uses: specimen, bog container, shallow water, winter houseplant
Pronunciation: Juncus (JUN-kus) effusus (eh-FYOO-sus)
Height: 1 to 1.5 feet; Spread: 1 to 1.5 feet
Bloom Time: June - August, flowers are sparse, emerging from the side of the foliage
Bloom Color: Yellowish green to pale brown
Maintenance: Low

This specimen has a spread of approximately 28" (as the foliage drapes over). It is double potted with the outer pot being drainless so you can keep it in water indoors if you like.

curly1.sized.jpg

curly2.sized.jpg

Opening bid is TWO DOLLAH! ($2) I will pay shipping and will do my best to get this shipped in good shape. U.S. Bidders only.

Dontcha think this will look prrrrrrrreeeeeeetty with your Sarracenia??

Reminder to either the sender to send the item or the buyer to to pay for or repoert the item received.

Please don't respond if the status of this auction is up to date. Only post the current status of the auction. This is also to keep the open auctions at the front and put the closed ones in the back.

Reminder to either the sender to send the item or the buyer to to pay for or report the item received.
This is also to keep the open auctions at the front and put the closed ones in the back, so please don't respond if the status of this auction is up to date. Only post the current status of the auction. Please don't send me a update through PM, my inbox is already full.

Reminder to either the sender to send the item or the buyer to to pay for or report the item received.
This is also to keep the open auctions at the front and put the closed ones in the back, so please don't respond if the status of this auction is up to date. Only post the current status of the auction. Please don't send me a update through PM, my inbox is already full.

Back