What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

native orchid books (Winner Igrow) $25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are two books that cover pretty much all the orchids native to temperate eastern & central North America.

The first is a classic; Orchids of the Western Great Lakes Region, a 1964 book by Frederick W. Case, Jr. It has an ecological/habitat orientation with plenty of illustrations and b&w photos. It's a hard cover with a color photo of a Calypso bulbosa on the cover and another inside.

The second book is Wild Orchids of the Northeastern United States: A Field Guide, a 1997 paperback by Paul Martin Brown. This also has lots of illustrations, but with color instead of b & w photos.

The books include anything whose ranges extends into either region, so one or the other includes all the species I've checked for that grow east of the Rockies, south of the tundra or north of FL. But they don't include species like the alpine Cyp. montanum or arctic Cyp. guttatum or Florida's subtropical epiphytes.

The books are in very good shape and, although the second is readily available, the old one can be hard to find. Let the bidding start at $5 and I'll pay for (media rate) shipping if the price goes over $15. The old one alone would cost that much or more if you can find it.

They sound great. Thank you Bruce. :)

$10

Reminder to either the sender to send the item or the buyer to to pay for or repoert the item received.

Please don't respond if the status of this auction is up to date. Only post the current status of the auction. This is also to keep the open auctions at the front and put the closed ones in the back.

Reminder to either the sender to send the item or the buyer to to pay for or report the item received.
This is also to keep the open auctions at the front and put the closed ones in the back, so please don't respond if the status of this auction is up to date. Only post the current status of the auction. Please don't send me a update through PM, my inbox is already full.

Reminder to either the sender to send the item or the buyer to to pay for or report the item received.
This is also to keep the open auctions at the front and put the closed ones in the back, so please don't respond if the status of this auction is up to date. Only post the current status of the auction. Please don't send me a update through PM, my inbox is already full.

Buyer paid and seller shipped, but by media mail to place just short of Siberia. So it'll be in transit for a while.

The books arrived this afternoon in wonderful order!
Thanks!!!!

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back