What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. x gilpini (Winner Est $15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up for auction is a mature clump of Sarracenia x gilpini. The key word is clump...there are a lot of growing points and one flower stalk.

Winner to pay $5 shipping.

Bidding starts at $1

Happy bidding!

Please change the title of the thread to S. x gilpini. Thanks!

That good? Let me know if you'd like it changed.

$10-

$12?

$15 Though I'm not too familiar with this hybrid. Any information on it would be appreciated. :)

$15 Though I'm not too familiar with this hybrid. Any information on it would be appreciated. :)

Gilpini is a hybrid between psittacina and rubra (I'm not sure which rubra subspecies was used...but based on the small size of this clone I would guess rubra rubra). It is a small, compact grower with pitchers with a hooked beak like psittacina, but pitchers are at a 45 degree angle similar to wrigleyana (like S. x Scarlet Belle). This gilpini clone is smaller than Scarlet Belle. It grows in tight clumps like psittacina, so I usually try to break the clump into two when dividing rather than separate out each growing point like you can do with other Sarrs. Definitely unique and not a common one!

Item has arrived. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back