What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes ventricosa...everybody needs one! (Winner Jm82792 $15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
New to CPs? Don't have any neps? Well here is your chance! Up on the auction block is a N. ventricosa--the reliable and adaptable highland nep that grows well in lowland conditions. This plant was also purchased at a local greenhouse.

It is approximately 6" tall and has 3 open 3" pitchers measuring 3" in height. It is growing in a 2 inch pot and is probably ready to be repotted.

I WILL be posting a pic but since I left my memory card at the office last nite, it will probably be tomorrow before I can get this done. So check back to get a gander at the offering.

I will pay shipping; US bidders only. And let's start bidding off at the basic TWO DOLLAH ($2).

---------------
Alrighty...got the photo. Here is N. ventricosa in harmony with Buddha.

ventricosa.sized.jpg

Last edited:
Can they be grown in low humidity?
Can they be grown outside in the summer/
has it been acclimated to lots of sun?
I used to have one in Hawaii I got it acclimated
to Full sun but it took time,the only reason
I am asking is I don't have a good lighting setup
right now but by the time it is winter I will have one.

I can't tell you much about its history as I just bought this from a greenhouse (so I would assume it went from one greenhouse into another. I have put it in my nep tank for now so its in a humid and bright environment. My own ventricosa has grown both in a tank and outside of a tank and has done well in both situations. I have not grown it outdoors in the sun.

I could grow it in my spare 10 gallon tank outside most/all yearlong most likely.
If I aclimate it to the sun.
$5

$6

I still don't own one :-(

7 Yankee American Dollars:jester:

jm, put it in a sunny windowsill. Forget the tanks, it should be plenty humid in coastal Oregon.

Oh, and PAK is right. Everyone needs an N. ventricosa, that's scientific fact.

Max

Yay!!!!! I found a sunny windowsill,
if that is not enough sun outside it goes,I
was atached to mine in hawaii but did not have
enough room the the box to ship it so I gave it
away to a women who grows EXTREAMELY rare
native hawaiin plants. She loves the first one I
gave to her as a gift so now she has my UFO
nepenthes and 2 ventrisco growing in her greenhouse
killing all of her ants that hurt her native plants :)

Last edited:
Jim...I see the number "$10" in your edit. You are current high bidder at $8. Don't bid against yourself. :)

Okay,thanks for telling me that,
It will look Great where it is going
on a nice sunny windowsill then under lights
in the winter.

I'll take his $10 bid then =P

The ventrico is on its way as of June 2nd! Thank you so much!

Reminder to either the sender to send the item or the buyer to to pay for or repoert the item received.

Please don't respond if the status of this auction is up to date. Only post the current status of the auction. This is also to keep the open auctions at the front and put the closed ones in the back.

Got it perfect plant !!!!
Thanks for the CP, my
mom likes it on the
windowsill :D

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back