What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. 'Red Bug' - medium plant winner DroseraBug $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houstonherp

Send in the Clones
Up for auction is one Sarracenia 'Red Bug,' offered by PetFlytrap. This is of the Bug Series hybrids, produced by Dr. Larry Mellichamp at UNCC. This is our personal favorite of the Bug Series; the pitchers are medium tall, like its S. alabamensis parentage. But when grown in full sun, the upper pitcher and hood becomes liberally covered with finely reticulate deep red veins...BEAUTIFUL!

This plant will have multiple growth points, be producing pitchers approximately 8 to 12inches tall, and will be shipped potted and ready to grow.

I'll try to get pics up later today.

Bidding starts at $5, and I will pay the shipping if the winning bid is over $10. Otherwise the shipping is $5.

Last edited by a moderator:
$11
Okay, I will bite:
I see this all over on auctions like this, but....if $5 is opening and $5 is shipping, unless you bid over $10, why would you not bid over $10? I have seen some going up 6, 7, ect on similar offers.
I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!

:censor:

Hi Joe -

My ONLY purpose by requiring a higher bid to get the shipping included is to get more people to bid on the auction items, and thereby raise more funds for NASC! If someone will bid higher to get the free shipping, then so be it! just more money for NASC.

Oh...and less money for me, since I eat the shipping...LOL : )

Shouldn't bid increments be at $2 now. Make it $22 for me. However if I'm not mistaking the next bid should be at least two dollars higher than that.

Payed NASC via paypal 6/24/08

This is a reminder to complete this auction. Either send payment or the item that was won. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

This is a reminder to complete this auction. Either send payment or the item that was won. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

Plant shipped 07/16 via Priority Mail. Sorry for the delay.

Good Growing!

Mike

This item was reported to have been shipped over 2 weeks ago. I assume that if there was a problem with this item it would have been reported by now. So this auction will be closed. The receiver can contact me personally if there is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back