What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spam Extravaganza 2008! winner philcula $30

Status
Not open for further replies.

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
Yes, that's right. It's back. Your wildest wishes may yet come true. For a little background on this particular item, I won this last year for $15.00. It has brought me great joy and company over the past year. The t-shirt was worn only once by me. Since I can't really beat Bruce's sales pitch from last year, I thought I would just quote it with some recent pictures below.

Dare to dream - this Spam showcase will be yours, if the price is right. It includes not only a hardly worn men's large size Spam t-shirt, in Spam's blue & gold, but also a genuine collector's edition can of Monty Python's Spamalot Spam. You can trust in it really being a collector's edition because it says collector's edition right on the label. With a very fancy capital c, no less. I've gotta say they spared no expense on the label, using a number of different colors and fonts. I don't know what colors and fonts might be inside because no one has ever really known what's in Spam.

You can buy this for yourself or to give as a gift. It would make a great gift for Father's Day, as long as my daughter isn't reading this. Don't worry that Father's Day will be gone by the end of the auction. This is Spam and it'll still be Spam next Father's Day. In fact, you can even give it to that special someone as late as Christmas, 2008. According to the can, it's best by Jan 2009. I don't know what Spam is like when it's no longer at its best and don't want to find out. So please bid. Let the bidding start at $2 and remember you're supporting NASC. If all else fails, you can always donate it to next year's auction.

Spam001.jpg

Spam004.jpg

I know, I know. It's almost too good to be true. "Dare to dream" is right. It's like a fine wine: it only gets better with age. Just think, you could be the very person to have hold of this collector's edition as it passes the expiration date. Unbelievable you say? Maybe.

And... Don't forget:
If all else fails, you can always donate it to next year's auction.

Starting bid is once again $2.00. I will reluctantly pay shipping...

Happy bidding and thanks for supporting NASC.

xvart.

Last edited:
@>)) that is code for 2 dollars

Geez. Can't let the spam lay fallow. Just because it is not a big hunkin' nep or fat juicy cephalotus doesn't mean it doesn't need love. lol :D

$5 Keep the tradition going!

Geez. Can't let the spam lay fallow. Just because it is not a big hunkin' nep or fat juicy cephalotus doesn't mean it doesn't need love. lol :D

$5 Keep the tradition going!

I was just going to recend the shipping thing. I suppose I'll pay shipping no matter what... lol.

xvart.

$6 -- this would be a nice can o'spam for some photography shoots I am working on! LOL

$10

Bahahaha, I'm the Spam Grinch. Should I win this spam, I'll ensure that it can never show up in another auction again. Certainly my innards will toil until next auction with the meaty concoction, but I will have prevented future generation of auctioneers from ever knowing the power of the spam.

>:- )

$12 - Sorry Man :) I will use this SPAM for the greater good and yes, I will show to show the world with my camera the ominous glory of spam and proclaim this from the tops of places very high!!! Yes! :drunk:

It's approaching last year's bid. Let's see if it goes BEYOND into another record book! :D

rco,
you would actually eat that. that is a collector's item

13 0r 14 depending on the bid increment

Sorry Lois, :) for this one, no, its for a photo project with Spam I am working on!

To match last years bid.... $15 :)

Oh I totally and completely think NOT!!!
$30

YAY FOR SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Woooooooooohooo!

Shipped 6/30/08.

xvart.

Payment sent on 6/30 via cashier's check.

Item received today. Thanks xvart!!!

Just remember what I told you, Phil: No refunds! lol. Have fun taking it past the expiration date! Thanks for supporting NASC!

xvart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back