What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little risky...but worth it - Mantids adnedarn $10

Status
Not open for further replies.

schloaty

Staff member
Hi All,

I have a number of Chinese Mantid ooths in the greenhouse. I am auctioning off 6 nymphs, assuming any of the ooths hatch.

So, when bidding, please bare in mind there is a risk that nothing will hatch (which will irritate me vastly, so you won't be alone).

The bidder is assuming this risk, and agreeing to pay regardless.

These ooths normally hatch some time in late May (at least near me), but I was hoping to get them to hatch a little early by having them in the greenhouse (worked last year).

US only.

I will ship after their first molt.

I cover shipping (priority) or you can if you prefer overnight.

starting bid - $2

Chinese mandit info (from Mantisplace.com):

Details: The Tenodera Aridifolia Sinensis (Chinese) mantis is originally from China and brought here in 1895 for crop insect control. The Chinese mantis is still considered to be beneficial for insect control in backyard gardens today, and along with a few others can be released all over the U.S. Size is a whopping 6" and said to be the largest in N. America. Their color is either green or brown with green along the underside of its wings. They will eat anything they are able to grab, along with insects, baby frogs, small fish, birds and the occasional baby mice may fall prey to them especially because at night they are most active.

Though I must say the six inch claim is beyond anything I've ever seen in this species, I HAVE seen almost five, which is big enough if you ask me!

3 dollars
I might get flamed for this, but these will make great food for my nepenthes.

You would feed a mantid to a Nepenthes??!!!! But they are such great bugs. :-(

SAVE THE MANTIDS! $5!!!! lol

That was mostly a joke, I'm not very sadistic.

I have a few wild populations here. If they don't hatch I would be willing to catch a few to replace them. (not a bid)

Ant, noted and appreciated!

$10 8^)

Mantids hatched! :boogie:

Need to wait a few days until they molt to L2 before I ship.

They're so CUTE!

This is a reminder to complete this auction. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

This is a reminder to complete this auction. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

Also if you have paid for this item and are still waiting for it, or have shipped and have not heard that the item was received, please post that here so we will know who to contact to find out what needs to be done to close this auction.

If you have already posted please disregard this notice.

Got my 6 mantids today!! Thanks so much~~ awesome!!
Aaannnnnddddd closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back