What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kayak River Trip SweetVABreeze $75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I'll give you three choices. You can choose between a trip to a very secluded lake called McKinzie Pond, a relaxing trip down the Lockwood Folly River or you can see if you can survive the Cape Fear River.

Mckinzie Pond

l_67c11d6cd70b1a5e0e2f29dc9e3aae0c.jpg

This is a 6 mile round trip. It starts in a brackish marsh then slowly transforms into a hardwood forest and then into a pine forest. This area was once used for rice plantations. You can still see some of the structures such as the frame work of century old bridges. There are pine savannas around the lake that I have yet to explore. Exploring these for cp's will be part of the trip.
You can read about and see the pics of one of my trips to this lake.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...light=geocache

Lockwood Folly River

l_d9b87835f4dbfb8d0ac98658607a63ac.jpg

This trip includes a 9 mile trip down a slow winding river that starts off in a hardwood forest through brackish marshes and finally ends less than a mile from the Atlantic ocean in the fishing town of Varnumtown.

You can find all of my pics of this river at www.myspace.com/voodoodancer

Cape Fear River

This trip will take you on a 17 mile trip through a major shipping channel. You will visit many islands including one that is filled with sharks teeth. You will have to be willing to go against swift currents, large cargo ships and even large waves.
If you choose this trip you will be taking your life in your own hands. I have kayaked this river twice and almost died both times. I can't wait to do it again. So if you like adventure choose this one. I would like to show some pics of this river but it's too hard to take pics when you're trying not to die.

You choose the trip and I'll provide you with a kayak and all the equipment that you'll need for the trip.

Bidding starts at only $10.

Last edited:
If you choose this trip you will be taking your life in your own hands. I have kayaked this river twice and almost died both times. I can't wait to do it again. So if you like adventure choose this one. I would like to show some pics of this river but it's too hard to take pics when you're trying not to die.

rofl...

Wow..this could be the adventure of a lifetime. In fact, I think whomever bids on this trip is probably an idiot since Ozzy is the tourguide. Well, I've never been accused of being intelligent....so....here it goes...$75. Tomorrow I will update my life insurance policy!!!

Piad. I'm sure when (if) SweetVaBreeze ever gets the nerve to go on this trip you'll hear the story. Maybe.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back