What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. ascendens & D. filiformis 'all red' winner Nep Lover $22

Status
Not open for further replies.
D. filiformis 'all red' from Washington County, FL
D. ascendens from Serra de Ponta Grossa, City of Campo Largo, Parana State, Brazil

On Valentine's Day of this year, I took a leaf from D. ascendens & D. filiformis 'red', placed them in tubes filled with water** & put them on an east-facing windowsill (specifically for this auction). While they probably would have developed much faster in a warmer location, both have growth....

Here are both plants as the winning bidder will receive them:
Dascendensfiliformisred042510RS.jpg

The D. filiformis 'all red' is the type that doesn't require a dormancy. I received a few plants in a trade in spring of 2007. I have kept them in various terrariums and they grow all year - none of mine have gone dormant since I received them.

I count ~11 plants growing off of the primary leaf. Here's a closeup:
Dfiliformisredclose042510RS.jpg

The D. ascendens tend to be less prolific than the 'common' dews in water propagation - so far, I see one plantlet coming along:
Dascendensclose042510RS.jpg

To try something new, I will offer a three month warranty on the plants. If one plant from each species is not alive after 3 months, I will ship the winning bidder an additional leaf of each (in water). (I only ask that the winner is honest). :-O

Bidding starts at $2.
Plants will be shipped as pictured in test tubes of water.
I pay shipping.
Send questions to:
Emailaddressasimage.jpg

USA only.

As an added bonus for this auction, I will include an unused digital thermometer.

** for a great thread on water propagation - check this out.

Did you have a starting bid? I've never heard of this type of propagation looks pretty cool :D

Did you have a starting bid?
Ooops - fixed original post - thanks! (starts @ $2)

I've never heard of this type of propagation looks pretty cool :D
... and I suspect that you're not the only one - that's why I included the link to the faq ... :-O .... Most of us that have grown dews for a few years are familiar with the process and can now easily get many clones.

... and I suspect that you're not the only one - that's why I included the link to the faq ... :-O .... Most of us that have grown dews for a few years are familiar with the process and can now easily get many clones.

Looks like a simple way to TC dews. Well most of them ok I'll start off

$3

$5, good project for my son.

$15

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

$20

Received Schloaty's notice of payment. Shipped AM of 5.15.10 :-O

Auction Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back