What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hardy Fig (fruiting, not ornamental) winner Jayson16 $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a small tree I started from my Hardy Chicago fig tree last year. Hardy Chicago is a dark fig with red flesh and does not require pollination. I'm in Zone 6 and grow figs in pots (maybe 15 gallon size?). My trees spend the coldest months in my unheated garage and are outdoors the rest of the time. If you're further south than me, this variety should survive outdoors year-round if planted in the ground, although it would appreciate some protection if you're on the northern end of Zone 7. Some people grow them in the ground even here in Connecticut, but with lots of protection. If you're too far south, you should probably get a variety better suited to your climate.

I took the tree out of the garage a few weeks ago and it's leafing out now, so it's a good time to go to a new home. There are actually two trees in a single pot and I plan to send you one. Each is ~1 ft tall and one has two branches and the other has four. You can have your pick, unless it looks like there would be a problem separating them. If I don't think they'll come apart easily, I'll send you both. This variety stays bushy and my main tree is multi-stemmed and ~3 ft tall and 5 ft across. Since fig trees aren't grafted, root suckers fruit exactly like the parent tree.

It's raining and I can't get a photo now, but I'll post one later. Bidding starts at $3 and I'll pay for shipping if the bid is more than $13. If you want more info about growing figs, check out the gardenweb fig forum, which is outstanding, or Ray's fig info, which is a great source of information.

oops ... I forgot the photos. Here are two:

HardyChicagofig1.jpg

HardyChicagofig2.jpg

This is a reminder to complete this auction. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

Also if you have paid for this item and still waiting for it, or have shipped and have not heard that the item was received, please post that here so we will know who to contact to find out what needs to be done to close this auction.

This is a reminder to complete this auction. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

Also if you have paid for this item and still waiting for it, or have shipped and have not heard that the item was received, please post that here so we will know who to contact to find out what needs to be done to close this auction.

The is to remind the winner that he/she has 7 days to pay for this item before it is offered to the second highest bidder.

The winner did pay (confirmed by Schloaty) and I'll ship the next time I can get to the PO.

The plant was shipped 6/12 and received 6/14.

Auction Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back