What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US only: Dubia Roach kit - live B. dubias, housing, food, & water winner Est $30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crickets suck! They stink, are noisy and die for no discernible reason. Grow your own roaches as feeders and sell the extras to other herpers or the reptile shops in your area. Dubias don't fly or climb plastic,don't stink, don't make noise and live up to 2 years making babies on a constant basis. Save $100+ a year on crickets even if you have only one lizard.

This offer is for the Continental USA only minus Florida (due to state regulations).

In this auction you get everything you'll need to get started with B. dubia roaches TODAY no waiting for various things to arrive by mail all you do is get your box from me and go buy a Rubbermaid tub with matching lid and get to work following the instructions I send you.

KIT INCLUDES:

-1 dozen eggcrates
eggcrate.jpg

1 food container of B. dubia roaches of varying ages and sizes. The babies are 1/4" when born getting to 2" as adults. You'll always have the exact size feeders you want. Shown here are older nymphs and a momma (with the 1/2 wings) You'll get a couple dozen of all sizes including adult males and females. Keep em warm and they'll start cranking out the babies within a month.
dubia.jpg

-1 small baggie of water crystals, don't buy calcium enhanced cricket water from the petshop calcium kills feeders when they molt/grow. Buy more at: www.watersorb.com or use the bag of "Soil Moisture" crystals from the garden shop, it's all the same thing minus calcium.

-1 small bag of "Friskies Naturals" dry catfood that I feed my roaches (along with fruits and veggies). Again, don't use calcium enriched feeder gutload from the petshop it kills feeders!

- A strip of fine mesh aluminum screen to make ventillation on your roach tub.

Here's an example of what you will create with all these supplies plus a rubbermaid tub that you supply (bigger tub = more roaches):
dubiabox.jpg

Bidding on this kit starts at $5 (rubbermaid tub NOT INCLUDED)
I pay priority shipping inside USA. NO SALES OUTSIDE THE CONTINENTAL US OR TO FLORIDA ON LIVE ROACHES.

Roaches

I would like to get in on the bidding for the roach kits. How do I go about doing so? I will bid $10

Oooh this would be perfect for me!

$10 to start. :)

(Also, I had to laugh at the ad google decided to display based on the content of this post: an ad for Terminix.)

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Woops, looks like someone posted right when I did. I raise my bid to 11 dollars.

Also, to whoever bid, I'd suggest that you make an account on terraforums to make participating in the auction easier for all parties involved.

I see your $11 and raise it to $15.

:0o:

Sweet! People are finally interested! :D

Wafwot you're not from FL or outside the US are you?

I just got a 50 G tub tonight, I'm gonna be swimming in roaches! eww... LOL

Swords, I'm definitely interested. I'd been thinking about roaches for a while, and this would take away a lot of the guesswork. There's almost no reason not to go for it. ;)

I think you underestimate how tired I am of crickets. By at least 5 dollars. :p

$20.

I hear ya on crickets. I added up an estimate of $5 a week for crickets x 52 weeks $260 a year! You don't think much of it at just $5 a pop.

The roaches don't need any extra work to get them breeding, an orange slice a week seems to get them "in the mood" according to some sources. You wanna remove any "fresh" foods that are uneaten after 48 hours so they don't rot so start with small amounts. I usually give a slice of orange once a week and then a few days later a small pile of romaine lettuce.

I always put the fresh food (fruits and veggies) in the water crystal dish because you don't want the dry cat food to get wet and moldy.

Roaches are the way to go. I am getting tired of the lobster roaches escaping, so I think it's time to the nonclimbers.

$25

The more time passes, the more I hate crickets. Ozzy, you've heard them chirping through my mic in the background before. No hard feelings. :p

$30

This is a reminder to complete this auction. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

Also if you have paid for this item and still waiting for it, or have shipped and have not heard that the item was received, please post that here so we will know who to contact to find out what needs to be done to close this auction.

I don't know if it has been paid but EST wanted me to wait on shipping until he moves to a new place. I am ready to ship them out as soon as I hear from Scholaty and EST on when they want the roaches sent. be sure to PM me.

Your move cowboys! :D

BTW: Ozzy your roach kit was shipped May 17th by Priority Mail - have fun!

This is a reminder to complete this auction. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

Also if you have paid for this item and still waiting for it, or have shipped and have not heard that the item was received, please post that here so we will know who to contact to find out what needs to be done to close this auction.

Didn't you receive it yet?

Payment has been sent in and confirmation received from Dave.

I have requested that the item be held for a short while so I can get my living situation sorted out. So the shipping delay is by my own request, Swords was able and ready to ship immediately. I should be able to receive soon.

Thanks again!

Since you asked for the delay I will go ahead and close this auction. If Josh turns into a dead beat let me know and I'll reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back