What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 - Vietnamese Walking Sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up for bid are 5, Vietnamese Walking Sticks. They get 4" long. All females....males are rare. They like bramble, but can feed any greenery. Mist once a day. Live for a year, but will lay HUNDREDS :0o: of eggs!

:0o:These are NOT NATIVE so please DO NOT release them into the wild!:0o:

Opening bid is $1

Winner pays shipping of $5.

US ONLY

Pictured below is an adult. You will receive juveniles that are about 1-1.5" long.

DSC08265.JPG

The eggs will hatch via parthenogenesis so you have to sterilize any media you throw out from the cages.

I'm not even sure non-native Phasmids are legal...

It appears you need a permit from the USDA.

Permits come with them right? :D

I have a few, they seem to really love Ficus leaves... I don't even mist I just throw a sponge in a water bowl for them and you get a little condensation in the morning for them to sip on, they're quite loveable insect pets and I actually dislike insects quite a bit. They're almost bomb proof and yes, they reproduce to a point where it becomes a nuisance in the long run. I literally just double bag the media for environmental reasons. I give out excess younglings out to the neighborhood children sometimes to raise in critter keepers. I probably have about 15 to 20 of them.

I find them kind of creepy as adults but adorable as juveniles. I also latch a few onto my houseplants, they don't do too much damage as long as it's a ficus or something that grows fast and it becomes a fun symbiotic relationship for the plant and stick insect with it's droppings and all.

Also I think your little buddy must have fell too hard and dropped a leg or somethin back there! Haha tell him I wish him a speedy recovery!

$15.

They are illegal in almost every state.....:nono:

Hi,

As much as I hate to do this, I think everyone here is right with the regulations.

I am going to lock this auction, and no bids will stand (sorry) unless SG can send me the appropriate paperwork.

And then I will have to make sure the winner also has the right paperwork....

Thank you, SG, for offering these, but we have to stay squeaky clean as a 501c3 org. Don't want to loose our designation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back