What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NASC Auction Discussion/Request Thread

Oh, 350.

Lol, I was way off, but it was still a large bid.

Another batch of Jams and hot sauce!

Speaking of which, it got pretty high, 30 dollars, I think. Seems worth it, they sound really good.

LOL. All I know I have tried as much as I can to win a bid and someone else comes along and outbids me by a lot! LOL . I am so sad but happy at the same time because I know that this money will go for a good cause. I want to say also Thank You anyone who has donated their time, plants and such for this cause even if I don't win anything. I feel that WE are not the issue but the plants who are getting smashed by the bulldozers year after year.

Since this is my first year, I guess ill better prepared for the next one! lol

LOL. All I know I have tried as much as I can to win a bid and someone else comes along and outbids me by a lot! LOL . I am so sad but happy at the same time because I know that this money will go for a good cause. I want to say also Thank You anyone who has donated their time, plants and such for this cause even if I don't win anything. I feel that WE are not the issue but the plants who are getting smashed by the bulldozers year after year.

Even if you keep getting outbid your doing your part, they had to bid more!

There's still plenty of time. And I still have at least one more thing to post, possibly two.

I just recently started fermenting my own wine, and have 20 bottles of Apfelwein going in my room at home. Next year I hope to be able to contribute my fair share and auction some off!

These big bids by some people are worrying no? I see a few members that are causing some concern in my opinion

I just recently started fermenting my own wine, and have 20 bottles of Apfelwein going in my room at home. Next year I hope to be able to contribute my fair share and auction some off!

That's a very nice offer, however the board will have to discuss that one. Since we don't really have a facility for checking ID.....I don't want to put the NASC in an awkward position....

That's a very nice offer, however the board will have to discuss that one. Since we don't really have a facility for checking ID.....I don't want to put the NASC in an awkward position....
.... plus some states have issues with who ships what across state lines when it has alcohol in it .... :-(

RSS, you want a vft with location data, Give me a few mins and it'll be done. Anything else you want?

If there is anything that I posted in past auctions that somebody here wants, ask for it and I may be able to deliver.

I'd like to see some simple Sarr hybrids... even seedlings of simple hybrids.

There are some great items up this year, but the bids for what I am interested in are a little too high for me. Not that that's bad...:-O

Haha, hopefully i can make a little more money somehow, there are so many things i want but I'm pretty much spent already

Would Endangered Species Act plants or seeds (i.e. S. orephila, S. rubra ssp jonesii or S. rubra ssp alabamensis) be allowed if bids are restricted to the state the plants/seeds ship from - mailing addresses must be same state?

Would Endangered Species Act plants or seeds (i.e. S. orephila, S. rubra ssp jonesii or S. rubra ssp alabamensis) be allowed if bids are restricted to the state the plants/seeds ship from - mailing addresses must be same state?
Good question. Heck - it would seem conceivable that any of these plants / seeds could be allowed - even across state lines (if the sender pays shipping) since the sender is not receiving any remuneration for the transaction ....

RSS, you want a vft with location data, Give me a few mins and it'll be done. Anything else you want?

If there is anything that I posted in past auctions that somebody here wants, ask for it and I may be able to deliver.

Thanks for posting one up, now if I'm able to win it thats another thing.

I'd love too see some seed grown ceph's put up, but I'm probably out of luck on that one.

There have been very few Ping's so far too.

I'm going to have to pick 1-3 items and just make sure I win them :-D.

I'd love too see some seed grown ceph's put up, but I'm probably out of luck on that one.
Hmmm - is there really some interest in these? I have a few small ones left over from sowing some of my HG seed a year or 2 ago. I'll need to check to see how many I have left ....

Good question. Heck - it would seem conceivable that any of these plants / seeds could be allowed - even across state lines (if the sender pays shipping) since the sender is not receiving any remuneration for the transaction ....

Definitely a gray area. Perhaps something the NASC should research and possibly get some sort of temporary exemption for next year.

I have a request! More easy-to-propagate plants in here, like dews and utrics (and not even common ones at that) so that they can get spread around to those who didn't win. ;)

Oh yes, and maybe some other things..... clipeata.....

Hmmm - is there really some interest in these? I have a few small ones left over from sowing some of my HG seed a year or 2 ago. I'll need to check to see how many I have left ....

I've only seen 2 Ceph's posted up so I think any Ceph would be good. As for seed grown, well I may be the only one interested in that route.

A 'German Giant' would be good if anyone had one of those laying around they didn't want :-D.

Back