What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera x "Watari" winner - the griffin $11

Status
Not open for further replies.
This medium-sized Drosera x "Watari" is up for bid:
Drosera_x_watari_orange.JPG

(you will receive the larger of the 2 plants)

D. x "Watari" is a cross between D. anglica and D. spatulata, and is very similar to D. x nagamotoi.
This plant grows well in pretty much any medium- I've had great success with both peat: sand mixes as well as live sphagnum.
Treat it as a tropical plant- it has not gone dormant on me for over 2 years so far, and has done nothing but thrive.
It tends to self-propagate a ton in live sphagnum as you can see in bottommost picture.
The soil can be kept waterlogged or moist, and it doesn't seem to affect growth- very adaptable.
Flowers should be self-fertile, but I've never been able to get seeds from this plant- likely because the flowers get overheated under my light fixtures. Also, I'm not completely sure that the seeds would retain the "cultivar" status.
The good news is that leaf cuttings are extremely easy!!!

Here are some pics of the parent plant:
x_watari_large.JPG

This is what this plant could look like in about a year and a half- it tends to clump!:
x_watari_clump.JPG

Starting bid: $2
Winner will pay $5 for shipping and packaging costs.

This cultivar has not been published yet, so that is why the name is in quotations.

$3. crossin my fingers!

5$, what a great looking little plant!

$11

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

$11

Auction payed for. Shipping $$ mailed today.

Shipped Thursday afternoon.
Thanks,
Aaron

This is a reminder to complete this auction. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

Also if you have paid for this item and still waiting for it, or have shipped and have not heard that the item was received, please post that here so we will know who to contact to find out what needs to be done to close this auction.

Item received today! Looks great, thanks!

Joe

Auction Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back