What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. flava var. atropurpurea (Kimber Red... ozzy $65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the following complete description carefully - before bidding - as it is not perfectly straight forward (& based on prior experience with eager TF'ers - there is some potential to be misunderstood. Also - the auction police probably need to review this to see if this is ok).

Up for auction is a healthy, nice-sized division (divisions made in winter) of Sarracenia var atropurpurea (that's the all-red flava for those unfamiliar with the hobby's odd names). The division will either be:

- S. flava var cuprea (coppertop w/ huge deep red lid) [Kimber 'Red Ruffles] - this is the plant that I've called a cuprea (coppertop or red lid) but others have more recently taken to calling it an atropurpurea after Dean Cook gave it it's officially unofficial cultivar name of Kimber Red Ruffles (& Bugweed felt it was an atro). Either way - it is a magnificent plant with an incredibly large, very red lid (add'l pics in growlist).
KimberclumpRS.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - or - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

- S. flava var atropurpurea (all red), Cooks Bayou, Bay County, FL (add'l pics in growlist).
Sflavaatro43061307RS.jpg

Backstory: another TF'er convinced me over the winter that it would be in my best interest to divide one of my massive clumps of Kimber Red Ruffles. It was growing in a windowbox tray up against the Bay County atro. After I got him his divisions, I proceeded to divide up both plants and start a new tray with them. Since I knew that it would be easy to differentiate them once they were growing, I didn't bother labeling each individual division. So, now I have a tray full of beautiful S. flava that I cannot differentiate until some time after the auction ends.

Those interested will bid based on winning a division of either of the above types (one of them - not both) - the actual plant is circled below:

Sflavatray042611RS.jpg

- Bidding starts @ $2.
- Buyer pays shipping - which is estimated to be <$10. If you win more than one of my auctions, I will combine shipping to reduce costs.
- USA only.
- For questions or suggestions, I can be reached @

Emailaddressasimage.jpg

Geesh, this is going to get expensive. Was hoping you already had one French3z, even though we aren't sure which one it is yet.

$35

$50. Oh, that hurts. But they're both such beauties!

i know David, it hurts sooo good... 55$

$65

Payment has been made and I will contact seller concerning shipping this weekend.

Auction payment has been received. Free to ship as soon as shipping is taken care of.

Auction needs to be completed. Please either send payment or ship item. If the item has already been shipped or received please post status of the auction.

Shipping has been paid.

Got it.

Thank you.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back