What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia surprise catrus 22$

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm offering an auciton for the more adventurous gambers among us. I'm not telling what is in here-partially because I don't really know what some of the plants are partially just for the surprise factor. All are sarracencias unless some sundews scattered around the little bog garden start to pop up and maybe one or two would get tossed in too.

I will promise that you won't be finding any highly sought after varieties in here. If you have a good sarr collection, this may be a let-down. This could be great for anybody starting out or if you just want lots of plants. I can give a few hints though. There is at least one mutt-I don't know what it is but it is ridiculously cold hardy and survived 2 winters ago partially encased in ice out in the yard in a little plastic pot. There will be common cultivars, actual varieties and at least one mutt. There will likey be around 5 or 6 plants and the possibility of duplicates is low as I do know what most are. They will range in size and age and will all be bareroot.

I am looking to free space so I'm ok with tossing some larger specimens when I can.

starting bid $10
I'll cover shipping if bidding is over $40

*edited-cannot offer CITES plants in this setting-it doesn't count as a "gift".

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll take the pleasure of starting this off at $12

That wouldn't be much of a surprise, now would it?

Actually, most are pitcherless since they've been cut back for winter and haven't waken up yet so there isn't much to see.

$17

Auction has been paid for. Free to ship as soon as shipping is taken care of.

Received 5/19/11. Great surprise package!! I love the Dixie Lace and Mardi Gras!! Does the grassy plant have a flower?

I think that it flowers, but I can't remember. I THINK it is a "Pipewort" which isn't terribly exciting.

Man, I really hope that it IS a Dixie Lace. I'm pretty sure on that one. Mardi Gras I am sure of.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back