What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion and Requests here - Bids Only in the Auction Threads, please!

Would anyone be interested in a pair of Rayban aviators? ???

Would it be reasonable to list second offering of same item once bidding on something has stalled/topped out?

Yes please :) Cough petiolaris sundews cough.
Would it be reasonable to list second offering of same item once bidding on something has stalled/topped out?

Drosera Lanata someone!!!

SA dews and more nepenthes!

I'm considering sending seeds internationally but only if the bidder can show that phyosanitary certificates and other permits are not required. The seeds would be declared properly for customs so if the the bidder is misinformed or misinforms the seed would likely not pass through customs.

What do you think?

Yes!! Yes please sir!

I've got a lot more Sarracenia seedlings coming (along with some seeds as well). Stay tuned to the auction.

I'd like to see some nepenthes seeds!

i am just curious, would anybody be interested in 4x6 prints of various carnivorous plants in-situ? wonder if i can print them as postcards....

i've got some pics of drosera, heliamphora, pinguicula, brochinnia, utricularia, and darlingtonia.
here's a preview of what i've got, will post more if there's interest:
printpreviews-1.png

Last edited:
Hey guys!
I don't really use checks, paypal, etc. And I'm not sure exactly how that whole money order thing works. :crazy: Anyone think I can just send cash in if I win any auctions? I'd really like to bid but I'm not to sure if my payment will be accepted. ???

Thanks in advance!
~Eric_N

Hey guys!
I don't really use checks, paypal, etc. And I'm not sure exactly how that whole money order thing works. :crazy: Anyone think I can just send cash in if I win any auctions? I'd really like to bid but I'm not to sure if my payment will be accepted. ???

Thanks in advance!
~Eric_N

Eric, You can purchase a money order for a small fee at most post offices: https://www.usps.com/shop/money-orders.htm

Sending in cash via USPS is not recommended since it often "disappears" en route. You could send cash to the NASC treasurer, but it is at your own risk. Whereas you have recourse and ways to get your money back if a money order or check is stolen, when cash is not received by our treasurer, we have no way of knowing where it ended up. But you should have no problem exchanging cash for a money order at any local post office :)

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

i am just curious, would anybody be interested in 4x6 prints of various carnivorous plants in-situ? wonder if i can print them as postcards....

i've got some pics of drosera, heliamphora, pinguicula, brochinnia, utricularia, and darlingtonia.

I would definitely bid on those. I've met a few people who, for some reason, have an irrational fear of carnivorous plants. Imagine their terror upon receiving a CP postcard! Mwahaha!

You can buy money orders just about anywhere: Western Union, Post Office, banks, liquor stores, convenience stores like 7-11, gas stations, supermarkets, chain drug stores like CVS or Rite-Aid, WalMart. You give them the amount of money that you want to send and pay a fee. The fee can be from anywhere from 50 cents to three dollars. Banks and Credit Unions are usually free if you have certain types of accounts with them.

You fill out the "Pay To" (or it may be imprinted when you buy the money order - sometimes for a little extra). Sent it off and you are good to go.

Western Union and the Post Office are at least $1.00. Read the fine print too as there is a $15.00 fee if you want a refund for a lost money order. Western Union MOs are sold at some of the places mentioned above.

Last edited:
Amp, I'd bid for a photo print. I'm thinking of putting some of my 8x10 prints up for auction, too.

Prints of reptiles anybody? Maybe? I can get some done this weekend.

Any more discussion on possibly sending seeds outside the US? I'm willing to try it as long as no paper work is required to legally send seeds to the recipient. I will make all the proper customs declarations so if a phytosanitary certificate or other permits are required they will probably not make it through customs/agriculture. These would be non-CITES listed species so no worries there.

Mods, you think this would be doable? Or might just open up a whole can of worms that would be easiest avoided by not attempting this.

The only issue I see with it is honesty. If someone tells you it's legal to ship to their country and it's not....either you have to do a lot of research or accept what they say as truth. Either way, they would have won the auction. ???

I'm finding that a lot of good stuff up for auction gets buried by the onslaught of new bids. It is worthwhile to scan all the auction pages for items that may have been missed - though if you're a previous high-bidder this is the last thing you want others to do!

@NaN - I've come up against that one before. US law requires that the laws of any country you would be exporting to be adhered to. How does one research seed importation laws for Indonesia, and is it worth it?

Back