User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Requests here - Bids Only in the Auction Threads, please!

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can buy money orders just about anywhere: Western Union, Post Office, banks, liquor stores, convenience stores like 7-11, gas stations, supermarkets, chain drug stores like CVS or Rite-Aid, WalMart. You give them the amount of money that you want to send and pay a fee. The fee can be from anywhere from 50 cents to three dollars. Banks and Credit Unions are usually free if you have certain types of accounts with them.

You fill out the "Pay To" (or it may be imprinted when you buy the money order - sometimes for a little extra). Sent it off and you are good to go.

Western Union and the Post Office are at least $1.00. Read the fine print too as there is a $15.00 fee if you want a refund for a lost money order. Western Union MOs are sold at some of the places mentioned above.
    Last edited by Not a Number; 04-25-2012 at 04:24 AM.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amp, I'd bid for a photo print. I'm thinking of putting some of my 8x10 prints up for auction, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
    Amp, I'd bid for a photo print. I'm thinking of putting some of my 8x10 prints up for auction, too.
    hahaha. 8 x 10---you killing me!
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prints of reptiles anybody? Maybe? I can get some done this weekend.
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any more discussion on possibly sending seeds outside the US? I'm willing to try it as long as no paper work is required to legally send seeds to the recipient. I will make all the proper customs declarations so if a phytosanitary certificate or other permits are required they will probably not make it through customs/agriculture. These would be non-CITES listed species so no worries there.

Mods, you think this would be doable? Or might just open up a whole can of worms that would be easiest avoided by not attempting this.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only issue I see with it is honesty. If someone tells you it's legal to ship to their country and it's not....either you have to do a lot of research or accept what they say as truth. Either way, they would have won the auction.
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    hahaha. 8 x 10---you killing me!
    It's what I have left over from my last auction.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm finding that a lot of good stuff up for auction gets buried by the onslaught of new bids. It is worthwhile to scan all the auction pages for items that may have been missed - though if you're a previous high-bidder this is the last thing you want others to do!

@NaN - I've come up against that one before. US law requires that the laws of any country you would be exporting to be adhered to. How does one research seed importation laws for Indonesia, and is it worth it?
    - Mark

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast