What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening Bid: $25

This is not an auction for everyone. It is, however, perfect for the East Coast US CP grower who (a) has a greenhouse and (b) lives within a reasonable (leaving the definition of "reasonable" up to you) driving distance of the Washington DC metro area and (c) wants a mature, potentially even flowering Dewy Pine; easily the most effective carnivorous plant ever (at least in my humble opinion).

I have grown these plants from seed (thanks, Mike Wang) to happily flowering adults in just over a year, and I have a few extras to donate to a good cause.

In my experience, cultivation has been easy in a cold (kept just above freezing in winter) greenhouse. In a large-ish unglazed ceramic pot, the plants are watered by tray year round. Water stands in the tray during the late fall, winter and early spring, and I let the trays dry out between waterings the rest of the year. The greenhouse keeps the plants from getting too much water in the summer, and from freezing solid in the winter. I foliar feed frequently with a dilution of Neptune's Harvest.

They catch an inordinate number of insects. The moment my greenhouse vents opened early this spring, every fly in the yard promptly committed suicide. The plants have also been quite adept at catching male Asian Tiger Mosquitoes (something I've not seen any other CP do in any material way). And they smell like honey. What's not to love?

You will have your choice of one of two pots, each with at least two plants. Some may be in bud, flowering or even setting seed.

Available for pickup in Northern Virginia, or some other, mutually-agreeable location in the Mid-Atlantic. If you have a really interesting collection of CP or other bog plants, I may even be convinced to drive to you.

Bad cell phone photos below. You may pick either one. Both are in ceramic pots 10" across. One has four plants and the other seven. Most if not all are about to flower. The flowers will self-pollinate, and I'll help things along to make sure that you get as many seeds as possible from yours.

I can work to get you larger/better photos if needed.

6045205.jpg
5550963.jpg

Last edited:
Can we get a pic before agreeing to drive out of state?

Last edited:
30. If you come down during the first weekend in May, the garden is having it's spring plant sale, and I believe that Meadowview Biological Research Station will be there. I may also break off a division of something to make it worth your while to tackle 95.

Payment received by NASC. Thank you!! :)

Making arrangements for delivery to the lucky winner. Most likely next weekend.

Delivered on Saturday, 5/2/15.

Auction closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back