What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion & Requests

Cactus and succulents would be great!
There's some kind of pencil cactus thing (cuttings anyway) for auction, it's winter hardy and gets pretty big from what I know.

U. nephrophylla, red D. filiformis, and utrics/genlisea in general would be cool! :D

There's some kind of pencil cactus thing (cuttings anyway) for auction, it's winter hardy and gets pretty big from what I know.

I saw that one. It's interesting. I hadn't seen that one before (unless I just can't tell from the pic). Mine is different too, it's a hybrid that I only know of one person who grows it. Maybe I will put some stuff up.

Thanks for the link to the invasive species...I will add it to my auctions that are in question

I would be very interested in your cactus and succulents. What agaves do you have?

'Century' or 'blue" agave, whatever you'd like to call them mostly. Those I have all kinds of sizes of. I also have one type that is variegated very nicely with a yellow stripe down each leaf. Then I have some other unknown species that is slender, all green, and came from Canyon Lake, Tx. I dug those out of a relative's yard there.

Just occurred to me that I have dragonfruit plants, that could be interesting.

Last edited:
Any heliamphora will be greatly appreciated 😁

Any CP shipping to california would be nice too ;)

Are you planning on listing any of them in this auction? I would be interested in the blue agave and the one with the yellow stripe. Thanks

I miss all the Orchidoides Utrics that used to get auctioned!

It's not being my brothers keeper, it's trying to prevent the spread of invasives that choke out and prevent native plants from living. Invasives are fine, in a pot, and their seed prevented somehow from spreading. But common sense knows this is not the case 99% of the time. And many folks don't care about a species being invasive, as long as they want to grow it.

Oh I understood your point, m'dear, and agree -- though in many cases it is akin to letting the horses out after the barn has already burned down. Twas merely presenting a common rebuttal that some folks subscribe to.

Thank for adding the disclaimer. However growing them "without a problem" means nothing. Many states allow invasives to be sold even though they are on that states invasive weed list. However The bamboo is considered illegal to grow in New York. It is the vinca and the lilly of the valley that are on many states invasive lists as well, but I did not see them banned as the bamboo was.

Most bamboos should be considered noxious weeds considering how rampantly most spread via seeds and runners. Vinca and LotV were the two I assumed you were referring to. Amusingly enough, to me at any rate, I tried growing LotV once under a Maple at my folks' place .... They didn't make it. (The LotV that is, the folks were fine. :-D )

They only become invasive when improperly maintained. My rule: don't plant anything I am not willing to control.

But, as Chib mentioned, few people are willing to diligently take those necessary steps -- and that's assuming they have taken the time to investigate a plant's possible invasiveness to begin with.

Last edited:
I would also like to request any lowland nepenthes.

Due to the fact that some feel these plants to be inappropriate, I have deleted the auctions. I would like to say that I have grown these plants in my garden for years and have enjoyed them.

[MENTION=6193]Av8tor1[/MENTION] can we see some of those funky T. bridgesii clones you have? :-O

Last edited:
I'd like to see these Flytraps posted for auction:

•Spider
•Creeping Death
•Slim Snapper
•Korean Melody Shark
•Any 'GIANT' Venus Flytrap
•Any ‘Short Tooth, Saw or Fringe" type Venus Flytrap

This may be a strange question, but due to time constraints, I feel I must ask.

Since I have no plants to offer (seedlings are taking longer than I had planned to get to a tradeable size), I decided to go with a plant-related arts & crafts project. The only problem is, by the time it's finished, the auction will only have 1-2 days, 3 at the most, before it ends. So I was wondering if it would be alright to go ahead and offer it up, with only photos of it's current state, and update the pictures as it progresses, to give it exposure time.

Most of the delay comes simply from waiting for things to dry / cure overnight. Some days I can only spend 15-20 minutes on it and then am stuck waiting. :/

(Note that I'm not saying what it is yet, so I don't necessarily give away the surprise. :p)

This may be a strange question, but due to time constraints, I feel I must ask.

Since I have no plants to offer (seedlings are taking longer than I had planned to get to a tradeable size), I decided to go with a plant-related arts & crafts project. The only problem is, by the time it's finished, the auction will only have 1-2 days, 3 at the most, before it ends. So I was wondering if it would be alright to go ahead and offer it up, with only photos of it's current state, and update the pictures as it progresses, to give it exposure time.

Most of the delay comes simply from waiting for things to dry / cure overnight. Some days I can only spend 15-20 minutes on it and then am stuck waiting. :/

(Note that I'm not saying what it is yet, so I don't necessarily give away the surprise. :p)

Yes, as long as you state the details in the auction

Last edited:
I would like to bid on these petiolaris sundews, if anyone has them and feels inclined to offer them up for the NASC: Drosera kenneallyi, D. fulva or D. ordensis. Or seed for D. banksii.

Last edited:
Back