What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PAYMENT FOR A WON ITEM: Payment can be made by personal check, money order, cashier's check or Paypal. Make your checks out to North American Sarracenia Conservancy.

Paypal to treasurer@nasarracenia.org as "Goods, other". Please make sure you use the "instructions to seller" function and title it "AUCTION" along with ALL other pertinent information listed below...so Carol and the moderators will know what payments are auction related and for which items/seller. DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING PAYMENT, IT SHOULD BE SENT DIRECTLY TO DONOR/SELLER.

If you are paying by personal check, money order or cashiers check, please mail payment for AUCTION ITEM ONLY (NOT SHIPPING COSTS) to:
Carol Hoerman
121 Miller St
Carl Junction Mo 64834

DO NOT SEND PAYMENT FOR SHIPPING TO THIS ADDRESS. SHIPPING PAYMENTS (If required) SHOULD BE SENT DIRECTLY TO DONOR (SELLER). PLEASE CONTACT DONOR FOR ADDRESS FOR SHIPPING PAYMENTS.

***VERY IMPORTANT***
When you send in your payment, you MUST include the following information:
1) Your real first and last name
2) Your TerraForums ID (if a member)
3) Phone number and email address *just in case* we need to contact you
4) A full list of EACH Item you won and are paying for
b) Ending bid (price) of EACH item
c) The FORUM name or email of the donor (so they can be notified to ship!)

Any "mystery payments" (no identifiers) will be refused by NASC and returned to the sender.

PAYMENT/SHIPPING POLICY: No item will be shipped until payment has been received. Each winner will have 30 days from the close of auction to remit payment to NASC and any shipping fees to the donor (seller). Items must be shipped to winners within 14 days of receipt of payment. If item payments are not received within the 30 day time allowance, the bid is voided and the next highest bidder will be offered the item at their highest bid. The same time allotments apply to each new high bidder if previous bids have been voided. Insurance will be at the request and expense of the buyer. The same 30 day time allowance applies for shipping fees sent to the donor as well. If you fail to send shipping fees to the donor within this time frame, your bid is voided, any payment sent to NASC will be refunded and the next highest bidder will be offered the item at their highest bid.

If you have any questions, please contact Carol Hoerman by email at treasurer@nasarracenia.org

Last edited:
Can payments be made for one item at the time or would you prefer one combined payment for all items.?

I would like to know also.

Can payments be made for one item at the time or would you prefer one combined payment for all items.?

You can make one payment if you like, but I need to have you itemize your winning bids with the information listed in the auction rules. One item at a time is fine too, as long as all the info for that auction is included

Last edited:
carolatcj: if that address where you'd like your wins sent to as well? I'm gonna be shipping out next few days. Apologies all. I have finals week coming up and have been extremely stressed out and busy.

[MENTION=12138]carolatcj[/MENTION] what should I do if item received in poor condition??

[MENTION=12138]carolatcj[/MENTION] what should I do if item received in poor condition??

I am not sure, but I will immediately refer this to our president and get back to you.

Last edited:
I am not sure, but I will immediately refer this to our president and get back to you.

I referred this to our president, he asked that you send us a pic of the item you received and how it was packed. If you would please describe the condition (what was wrong with it) of the item, that would be helpful also. Thanks

carolatcj what should I do if item received in poor condition??
I referred this to our president, he asked that you send us a pic of the item you received and how it was packed. If you would please describe the condition (what was wrong with it) of the item, that would be helpful also. Thanks

Shouldn't one contact the donor first?

Last edited:
OH, I haven't received my item yet, just curious, cuz mine has been in transit for five days (USPS just updated that it is delivered in their origin facility last night, been in the origin post office for 4 days!), so I assume it would take at least 7 days for it to be delivered to my place, a little bit worried about it.

OH, I haven't received my item yet, just curious, cuz mine has been in transit for five days (USPS just updated that it is delivered in their origin facility last night, been in the origin post office for 4 days!), so I assume it would take at least 7 days for it to be delivered to my place, a little bit worried about it.

If you don't receive it in a few days, check with your post office

- - - Updated - - -

Shouldn't one contact the donor first?

I referred this to Mark, and this is what he asked me to do. I think he just wanted to see what the problem is brfore taking any action with the donor.

In this particular case, if there is something wrong with your item, I think it would fall on the post office (Depending on what options were selected when shipped). If it's insured, then you would file a claim with the post office. We handle these issues on a case by case basis. That's why we ask for all the info from the person who received the item. We then take that info and decide which direction to go next. It would not be best to contact the seller first because they can only give us info on condition when the item left their possession. The only person that can tell us the conditions on arrival is the buyer.

Last edited:
The Post Office only guarantees delivery times on Express Overnight Mail. Everything else is "usually by". I've seen packages from Honolulu to Los Angeles take 10 plus days. Even though there are direct flights daily from Honolulu to Los Angeles or San Francisco. The packages took a trip through the Mid West before arriving in California. Either it got mixed into the wrong container or they were handled by a sub-contracted carrier that has a central routing station.

Back