What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Jimmyjameszzzz $25) Crocodilian Bag *Vintage* Taxidermy!

• Thread starter Acro
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES, there is an actual taxidermy baby Crocodilian on the front of this bag! The bag is stamped "Genuine Alligator" on the inside, with the location of it's origin, but it's hard to make out the words (3rd photo, top right). It is possible that caiman was actually used instead of alligator. This bag was likely made sometime in the 1940's or 1950's.

It has some wear, and some of the threads keeping the baby attached have come loose, but would be great for a restoration project or a curio cabinet!

I'll give ya priority shipping for $10 (in the USA). Outside of the USA, you cover shipping.

Front:

01.jpg.8251c416362f7b68597f15612a8d1670.jpg

02.jpg.a3d499866b1f266402d7e9a61d9bbe8d.jpg
Marker not included.

Inisde:
04.jpg.89440b10c8d80d364e470ebe9cf1708b.jpg

05.jpg.ff1f0f0e4f17dc152d90c0e2d240e347.jpg

Back:
03.jpg.3cd7044b33270173b22781451923ac99.jpg

PM me with questions!

Opening bid: $15

Last edited:
I'll bid!

Foot

Is the alligator missing a front foot?

Hey Jimmyjamezzzz@hotmail.com,
I sent you 2 emails. The first:

Apr 15 at 9:12 PM
Hey,
Sorry I didn't reply to your question earlier, as I just came on to check now. They disabled replies on all the threads, and you aren't a member so I couldn't PM you. lol
Anyway, yes. The croc is missing a foot. It's exactly how you see it in the photos on the auction thread. If your looking to get out of the bid, you'll have to talk to those that host it.
Hopefully you still like the bag and are happy to have won the auction!
Let me know if I can help and talk to you later.

Which did not receive a reply. Then I wrote another email:

Apr 16 at 2:22 AM
Hey,
If you don't want the bag with the baby croc with the missing foot, I could send either one of these bags instead (Croc_A bag or croc_b bag). Check the attached photos and let me know.
Talk to you soon.

And photos of two other strange vintage Croc bags were attached with the email. The 2nd email has not received a reply.

Jimmyjamezzzz@hotmail.com if you see this, please post up or check your email!
:D

Last edited:
Please submit payment before May 15th deadline. Feel free to contact Ozzy or carolatcj if you have any questions.

Please submit payment before May 15th deadline. Feel free to contact Ozzy or carolatcj if you have any questions.

Failure to pay will result in being banned from future auctions.

I think this person checked out, as it seems they have no interest anymore. :(

The winner has defaulted on this auction. Since there is no runner-up bid, it will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back