What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A glimpse of what will be available at this year's auction

• Thread starter bluemax
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemax

Lotsa blue
Supporter
I think it's time for some of us who have plans for what we will be putting up for auction this year to give a future view of what we will make available for bid this time around.

Drosera 'Hercules'

I will be making available for bid the newly-named and registered Drosera 'Hercules'. This cross between D. capensis and D. aliciae is one of the most interesting new sundew cultivars to come along in a long time. It is big, strong and certainly gets attention. If you have the current Carnivorous Plant Newsletter you can see for yourself. Otherwise look for more about this beautiful cultivar to be seen here at TF in the future.

Update: Now you can look here to see the entire description and photos - http://legacy.carnivorousplants.org/cpn/articles/CPNv47n1p36_38.pdf

Last edited:
I think it's time for some of us who have plans for what we will be putting up for auction this year to give a future view of what we will make available for bid this time around.

Drosera 'Hercules'

I will be making available for bid the newly-named and registered Drosera 'Hercules'. This cross between D. capensis and D. aliciae is one of the most interesting new sundew cultivars to come along in a long time. It is big, strong and certainly gets attention. If you have the current Carnivorous Plant Newsletter you can see for yourself. Otherwise look for more about this beautiful cultivar to be seen here at TF in the future.
Where can I find the newsletter?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've made some more cp bookmarks - a sarracenia and some venus flytraps :-D

Also, is there interest in trilobites I dug up in the mountains of Utah? I've got surplus and I'm thinking of putting them up in something like medium flat-rate boxes. They're pretty great, but I just dug up way too much. I'm not sure how legal it is to ship outside of the US (I'm thinking of the Chinese dino-export laws) so I think it'll be an inside-of-US auction too.

Edit: Oh, and I should have some D. 'Andromeda' and prolifera too.

Last edited:
I'm in for some trilozu :)

:-O

I'll have some different Isopod species to offer: Spanish Orange, Dalmatians, Giant Canyons, Peach Pills, and Zebra Pills. Here are some photos (not mine) for reference. They are easy to breed and make great pets, feeders and plant food!

Spanish Orange
RngUNLw.jpg

Dalmatians
15802174_611708575687183_2627119211633180672_n.jpg

Giant Canyons
porcellio_dilatatus___giant_canyon_isopod_by_dogatemymanuscript-d8s9bd5.jpg

Peach Pills
anasatumorangeC.jpg

Zebra Pills
27879802_1942057572778352_8860022901739356160_n.jpg

I'll also offer some Cemetery Spanish Moss (like I've offered the past couple years) and some books. I'm sure I'll find some other plants, seeds and other goodies to offer.

Last edited:
Nifty zebra pills!

I assume they are going to do it via FB again? (I don't do FB so wouldn't be putting anything up...)

Nifty zebra pills!

I assume they are going to do it via FB again? (I don't do FB so wouldn't be putting anything up...)

I don't use FB either, but from the rules posted, it seems they are hosting the auction right here on TerraForums! :D
Check it out: 2018 NASC Spring Auction Rules

Yes, the zebra pills are good looking bugs. I'm happy to make them available! :D

I am adding a newly-available link to the official cultivar description for Drosera 'Hercules'. Please have a look at the bottom of the first post on this thread. :)

Nifty zebra pills!

We are having our Spring auctions onTerraforums and our fall auctions on Facebook.

Thanks

We are so grateful for all the interest in the auction. Your donations and bids allow us to do our work! Thanks to all!

I'll also post some pet/feeder roaches including:

Orange-Head Roaches (Eublaberus posticus)
6976312736_593177d70e_b.jpg

Black Beetle Mimic Roaches (Ergaula pilosa)
epilosamainimageC.jpg

Six-Spot Roaches (Eublaberus distanti)
edistantimainimageC.jpg

And maybe some terrarium décor.

:D

I’ve got a few haworthia that need new homes but my highlight will be petiolaris dews.
Diliatatopetiolaris, aff lanata ‘flying fox’, paradoxa type form, aff diliatatopetiolaris, and maybe a darwinensis as well.

I’ve got a few haworthia that need new homes but my highlight will be petiolaris dews.
Diliatatopetiolaris, aff lanata ‘flying fox’, paradoxa type form, aff diliatatopetiolaris, and maybe a darwinensis as well.

:drool:

I don't have to much to offer, posibly a small orchid or 2 but most definitely a division of S.yellow jacket

I have a few D. Capensis i will be throwing up, havent decided if i will do it over multiple or a single page

At least a Pinguicula laueana x emarginata, but I may have a drosera or two as well.

Been a while since I've posted on this forum, I've been having a lot of time consuming issues lately that's kept me away. Not even sure when I last posted! I went back to school in 2014 and just graduated a few months ago for my degree. However, due to the money involved I have sold a majority of my plants that I had been raising and cultivating. A majority of the rest were lost due to complications of Hurricane Harvey last year... so all I really have to offer are some native edibles. I will list some bushels of wild texas chives, and possibly some black berries if they turn in time. We've had a lot of rain and already have green berries, so it's a possibility. Unfortunately, that's all I really have. The ones I do have are personal plants I can't part with or divide in any way. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back