What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PAID (Fresh Hex $6) Zebra Pillbugs (Armadillidium maculatum)

• Thread starter Acro
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up for auction is a starter colony of 20 mixed size "Zebra Pillbug" isopods.
72965-46fc597e5065f41250a6bf9c43755360.jpg

Not my photo, found randomly online.

Why keep isopods?
* They make great feeders for small amphibians/reptiles, insect/arachnid pets . . . and carnivorous plants!
* They can be used as "clean up crews" for many larger arachnids and reptile/amphibian tanks.
* They make great pets and are educational for kids!

Keeping is easy, here is a quick overview:
A 5 gallon container or aquarium easily houses a large colony. They need a moist bedding of coconut 'core' or other moisture retaining substrate. Give them places to hide under, like cork bark and other pieces of wood. They mostly eat hardwood leaves but need supplemental feedings, such as pieces of fish food, fruits and veggies. I keep mine at room temp with no supplemental lighting (they often hide from light). This species likes to burrow and will often dig down about an inch deep.

Shipping is $7 for the USA.

PM with any questions!

Opening bid $5

Make sure to look at my other Isopod listings!
https://www.terraforums.com/forums/2019-nasc-benefit-auction/143632-dairy-cow-isopods-porcellio-laevis.html#post1217017
Sevilla Isopods (Porcellio sp)
Giant Canyon Isopods (Porcellio dilatatus)
Spanish Orange Isopods (Porcellio sp.)
https://www.terraforums.com/forums/2019-nasc-benefit-auction/143561-dalmatian-isopods-porcellio-scaber.html#post1216619]

Last edited:
Item has been paid...please arrange shipping

Local delivery will take place on Thursday the 18th or Friday the 19th. :D

I personally delivered the Zebra Pills to Fresh Hex a few hours ago! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back