What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aechmea fasciata (pictures) :D

Hello well this is my Sliver vase plant and since I've bought it I've been bewildered on how to care for this plant once it stopped flowering i re-potted it into an ORCHID MIX!! i think i was wrong on doing so. so anyways i think i might got i right now by planting it in a mix consisting of 50%peat/50%cactus mix. correct me in any way fashionable if I'm wrong because i need help with this plant! if someone can give me a full detailed description on how to care for this plant then help me out please... pretty please..? lol well thats it and heres those pictures for a detailed look of my dilemma
DSCI1643.jpg

DSCI1644.jpg

DSCI1645.jpg

p.s for the description of the caring of this plant just include the basic such as Soil,Light,Fertilizer,Humidity,In or out during summer,or miscellaneous things i should know ;)

Regards___Wayne___

You live in Newfoundland & Labrador? Where? That changes everything. Here in the comparatively warm and sunny NE US, My bromeliads spend ~8 months of the year in east-facing windows at work for and spend their summers at home, outside in the dappled light beneath an oak tree. Lately, I've been potting them in pots of rough landscape rocks and orchid bark. The rocks keep the pots heavy enough so they don't blow over as easily. In my opinion, their time outside is critical in keeping them alive, but their winter home really sucks. You can find some good guidance for growing them in the "growing bromeliads" section at http://www.bsi.org/.

Back