What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staghorn Fern

I really dont know much about this plant at all, I bought it a week ago at a garden centre, it looked some what neglected and really bizzare, it was very cheap but had no label to identify it. I researched it and found it was a type of staghorn or elkhorn fern , apparently its classed like an orchid in that it doesn't need soil and is found growing in trees. Im not really sure what to do with now it seemed to have outgrown its rather inadequate pot- any suggestions? Thanks

DSCF1064.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF1061.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF1063.jpg
[/IMG]

You can attach them to trees, they look nice.

You technically don't have to worry about repotting it unless you really want to or if it's become a problem with tipping over. Like Capensis mentioned, they can be attached to trees or mounted to wood. I wouldn't recommended putting it on a tree unless your weather is fairly warm year around.

It looks nice and healthy!

Crystal

I bought one in much the same condition and I potted it in a hanging basket (which was bigger than it's original pot) and used Sphagnum moss as the medium. It is inside out of direct light and doing great! Hope that might help!

That's a very nice Staghorn fern!

Google the fern factory.

Back