What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check out this score of Tillandsia.........

Recently I picked all kinds of free Tillandsia and Bromeliads..., A local Dr. that traveled the world doing research on plants was selling off his collection and moving.

4nvo3.jpg

2w3rns3.jpg

2v2twlz.jpg

Two greenhouses 40'x 100' full from top to bottom. Everything for sale..

The first trip I made I bought a nepenthes Miranda and some tillandsia. I was short on time so it was a short visit. My 2nd trip I had a lot more time...... And The tillandsia and bromeliads were free...... I picked up two Nepenthes Coccinea in 8" pots for 30 dollars and a succulent for a gift to my mother.

2uo3vxe.jpg

So I went a little crazy grabbing specimen size plants... The furnaces have issues and need repaired and its around 10 thousand a year to heat the houses so everything has to go before they turn the power off......

1zd9qfn.jpg

2q3639x.jpg

9j3lgz.jpg

6ih3wi.jpg

2nlni8.jpg

iwns0h.jpg

5d5j5l.jpg

I brought home a lot of big clumps... Along with a few Pinguicula and the nepenthes..
I have no idea if I will be able to go back one last time but Its an honor to have some of the dr.'s Plants... Thought some of you would like this...

Very cool. Any idea what species is in the photo directly under the one of the trunk full of plants ?

You have GOT to be kidding. That is just unbelievable.

Congratulations! Thanks for providing some of those plants with a good home. It's a darn shame to see such a spectacular collection being split up and scattered to the wind... Specimen-size plants like those take a lot of time and love to create.

Wow. Never new it could clump like that. That specimen must be very old.

That's awesome! I should have had you go mini-Tillandsia shopping for me!

LOL My funkiana looks nothing like that! Just as well -- wouldn't have room for it if it did.
:D

Visit again! You could pick up some nice items to offer at next year's NASC Auction . . . it's only a few months away!

Last edited:
Wow I have never seen air plants that big I really didn't now that could get that big thanks for the pics

Lol you literally threw them in your trunk and made off like a pirate.

How old do you think the one in photo 5 is?

Lol you literally threw them in your trunk and made off like a pirate.

How old do you think the one in photo 5 is?
Lol............

I could only guess at the age... 15 + years maybe..I've had this type before so I don't know how fast it grows.. everything in his greenhouse was massive.. tables of Tillandsla all grown together in a massive root ball..

Wow. That's just incredible. Congratulations.

Making another visit this sunday hope something good is left over.

That is very exciting! I'm glad you are taking some of his plants, they need to go to someone who appreciates them.

Even if the big uns are all gone, he might still have neat small plants that were overlooked. Envy you the opportunity! I would have enjoyed being there even just to look. And if he had any minis like T. ionantha I certainly would have grabbed a bunch. Do hope all his plants find good homes.

Truly one of the epic opportunities that happens very rarely. Take advantage while you can (or kick yourself down the road).

It's a darn shame to see such a spectacular collection being split up and scattered to the wind... Specimen-size plants like those take a lot of time and love to create.
Nowhere near as bad as having them die unclaimed when the heat goes off ... :0o:

I went back yesterday and filled my cars trunk again. More Tillandsla, Bromeliads, orchids and a nepenthes. .. i will post some pictures later..

I went back yesterday and filled my cars trunk again. More Tillandsla, Bromeliads, orchids and a nepenthes. .. i will post some pictures later..

I am filled with envy!

He still had more?? Thats incredible.

Made it back to the greenhouse clearance sale... It may be the last one depending if the heaters keep working..
As you can see still lots left over..And lots gone..
14ctjqo.jpg

2uggi2q.jpg

9t2ufq.jpg

So i spent 20 dollars for the trunk full. Not to bad i think...Lol
2l8g3kg.jpg

I brought home a big nepenthes, bromeliads, lots of tillandsla's, A few succulent's and a bunch of orchids..

Back