What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swimming Spanish moss.

I just cleaned out my rainwater collection tanks because they were full of slimy stuff that the plants weren't liking, and I found a piece of what looks like Spanish Moss. It was bright green and about six inches long, was unrotted despite being submerged in a gross bacterial sludge. Because I only dunked the moss once, the piece would have to have been in there since before Christmas, so about three weeks ago. Does anyone else have experience with T. usneoides growing successfully underwater, or is this just a weird one? I'll get pictures of it soon.

I've had some strands look perfectly fine after floating at the water's surface for about three weeks, and although that's not the same as being submerged, T. usneoides is a pretty hard plant to kill.

:ohno:You dunk things in your rainwater collection tanks? I try to keep things, except rainwater, out of mine.

:ohno:You dunk things in your rainwater collection tanks? I try to keep things, except rainwater, out of mine.

It was once, and only after it was already having issues. Algae(and other stuff) grows there anyway and the spanish moss was dry, so why not?

What's really amazing is that the light was bad/almost nonexistent, and it was completely underwater stuck to the side. It's returned to the normal greyish white color, but seems fine. I'll let it rejoin the main clump after it's clear that it isn't going to rot.

Back