What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arizona summer heat

• Thread starter Noluk
  • Start date
Hi all, new to air plants and the forums. Heres what my project will be. A large piece of dried wood. I live half way between Phoenix and Tuscon, its flat and hot 110 easily during the summer months.Luckily my porch only gets a few hours of morning sun then its just hot. I'm looking for advice on what type of plants I might be able to raise or am I just out of luck. Also the humidity ranges from 20 to 30 Hg depending on season. The plants will not be permanently planted so I can soak them easily. I really hope I'm not out of luck because I have 2 planters with cacti and succulents and this wood would look really cool set between the planters.
Thanks for any help in advance,
Noluk

If you got a patio mister then you may grow more than caliche.

I'm down the river from you. I grow indoors with "medical herb" LEDs. The temperate CP's really enjoy being outdoors in December through February in a cheap $30 wardrobe box greenhouse (unzipped). Once it becomes 80F they go inside for longer artificial days, and monsoons.

Keep us posted to your findings.

Back