What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of various fern mountings

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
a604f429.jpg

Platyceriummount.jpg

Platycerium0001.jpg

The first is my mounting of Platycerium alcicorne and P. bifurcatum. Along with companions of Bolivian Jew, Strawberry Begonia, Lycopodium ?, Huperzia ?, Sellaginella uncinata,

The second is my rack of mountings; several different plants growing on these.

the third is my Micrsorium crocodylus.

Joe

Very nice. I especially love the staghorn ferns and picture 2. This exemplifies the difference between growing healthy plants any-old-way, and growing healthy plants in a manner that is also aesthetically pleasing.

I have mine growing in LFS in a hanging wooden orchid basket. Not typically done, but it's healthy and producing many fronds. In my case, this reduces the liklihood of underwatering which most ferns detest.

Once again, AWESOME.

I love the second pic! What plants are on those?

Well to the right is the stump with above mentioned plants then next to  that is a mounting of Spider plant and Rhipsalis then next to that is Philodendron 'Autumnale' and Lyriope 'Black ?' then the hanging one is:
Tillandsia caput-medusae, T. fuschii var. gracilis, T. aeranthos X tenuifolia, T. jacunda, T.tricolor var. melanocrater, T. aeranthos, Neoreglia "Fireball", Phalenopsis 'hyacinth ?', Rhipsalis baccifera var. quellembambensis, Oncidium 'Scarlet ?' Bolivian Jew. Top left corner is a Silver Rabbits Foot Fern, and in the background is a Philodendron selloum with Colleus 'ducks foot', C. '?', Ploypodium grandiceps, Philodendron 'Black Cardinal', Begonia 'Snow White', B. '?'

BTW, the Crocodyle fern is in a 14" pot and is roughly 48" across.

Joe

Back